No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Chaotic dynamics and oxygen transport in thin films of aerotactic bacteria
2. H. C. Berg and D. A. Brown, “Chemotaxis in Escherichia coli analysed by three-dimensional tracking,” Nature (London) 239, 500 (1972).
4. I. Tuval, L. Cisneros, C. Dombrowski, C. W. Wolgemuth, J. Kessler, and R. E. Goldstein, “Bacterial swimming and oxygen transport near contact lines,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 102, 2277 (2005).
6. K. Drescher, J. Dunkel, L. H. Cisneros, S. Ganguly, and R. E. Goldstein, “Fluid dynamics and noise in bacterial cell-cell and cell-surface scattering,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 108, 10940 (2011).
7. N. H. Mendelson, A. Bourque, K. Wilkening, K. R. Anderson, and J. C. Watkins, “Organized cell swimming motions in Bacilus subtilis colonies: Patterns of short-lived whirls and jets,” J. Bacteriol. 181, 600 (1999).
8. L. Cisneros, J. O. Kessler, S. Ganguly, and R. E. Goldstein, “Dynamics of swimming bacteria: Transition to directional order at high concentration,” Phys. Rev. E 83, 061907 (2011).
11. K. C. Leptos, J. S. Guasto, J. P. Gollub, A. I. Pesci, and R. E. Goldstein, “Dynamics of enhanced tracer diffusion in suspensions of swimming eukaryotic microorganisms,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 198103 (2009).
13. D. Saintillan and M. J. Shelley, “Instabilities, pattern formation, and mixing in active suspensions,” Phys. Fluids 20, 123304 (2008).
17. P. T. Underhill and M. D. Graham, “Correlations and fluctuations of stress and velocity in suspensions of swimming microorganisms,” Phys. Fluids 23, 121902 (2011).
18. J. P. Hernández-Ortiz, C. G. Stoltz, and M. D. Graham, “Transport and collective dynamics in suspensions of confined self-propelled particles,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 204501 (2005).
21. A. Sokolov, R. E. Goldstein, F. I. Feldchtein, and I. S. Aranson, “Enhanced mixing and spatial instability in concentrated bacterial suspensions,” Phys. Rev. E 80, 031903 (2009).
22. G. Subramanian, D. L. Koch, and S. R. Fitzgibbon, “The stability of a homogeneous suspension of chemotactic bacteria,” Phys. Fluids 23, 041901 (2011).
31. E. Lushi, R. E. Goldstein, and M. J. Shelley, private communication (2011).
32. A. Alizadeh Pahlavan and D. Saintillan, “Instability regimes in flowing suspensions of swimming micro-organisms,” Phys. Fluids 23, 011901 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month