No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Instability of the radial flow over a rotating disk in a separated edgewise stream
1. J. DiOttavio, K. Watson, J. Cormey, N. Komerath, and S. Kondor, “Discrete structures in the radial flow over a rotor blade in dynamic stall,” in Proceedings of the 26th Applied Aerodynamics Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA (AIAA, 2008).
4. W. Cochran, “The flow due to a rotating disc,” in Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, Vol. 30 (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1934), pp. 365–375.
5. W. McCroskey and P. Yaggy, “Laminar boundary layers on helicopter rotors in forward flight,” AIAA J. 6, 1919–1926 (1968).
9. M. Raffel, C. E. Willert, and J. Kompenhans, Particle Image Velocimetry: A Practical Guide (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1998).
10. F. Zoueshtiagh, R. Ali, A. J. Colley, P. J. Thomas, and P. W. Carpenter, “Laminar-turbulent boundary-layer transition over a rough rotating disk,” Phys. Fluids 15, 2441 (2003).
11. J. R. Potts and W. J. Crowther, “The flow over a rotating disc-wing,” in Aerodynamics Research Conference Proc., London, UK (Royal Aeronautical Society, 2000).
13. M. R. Malik, S. P. Wilkinson, and S. A. Orszag, “Instability and transition in rotating disk flow,” AIAA J. 19, 1131–1138 (1981).
Article metrics loading...
We present velocity field measurements showing the instability of the radial flow over a rotating disk in a separated flow due to an edgewise freestream. A uniform edgewise stream significantly modifies the radial jet profile. Under separated flow conditions, co-rotating vortical structures form at the edge of the radial jet layer. The results establish that the discrete structures formed in the breakup of the radial flow layer on a rotor blade in retreating blade stall are also seen in the case of flow over a rotating disk.
Full text loading...
Most read this month