No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
A pressure-gradient mechanism for vortex shedding in constricted channels
1. P. Koumoutsakos and A. Leonard, “High-resolution simulations of the flow around an impulsively started cylinder using vortex methods,” J. Fluid Mech. 296, 1–38 (1995).
3. D. Wee, T. Yi, A. Annaswamy, and A. Ghoniem, “Self-sustained oscillations and vortex shedding in backward-facing step flows: Simulation and linear instability analysis,” Phys. Fluids 16, 3361–3373 (2004).
4. M. Griffith, M. Thompson, T. Leweke, K. Hourigan, and W. Anderson, “Wake behaviour and instability of flow through a partially blocked channel,” J. Fluid Mech. 582, 319–340 (2007).
7. D. Bluestein, C. Gutierrez, M. Londono, and R. Schoephoerster, “Vortex shedding in steady flow through a model of an arterial stenosis and its relevance to mural platelet deposition,” Ann. Biomed. Eng. 27, 763–773 (1999).
8. J. Vetel, D. Garon, D. Pelletier, and M. Farinas, “Asymmetry and transition to turbulence in a smooth axisymmetric constriction,” J. Fluid Mech. 607, 351–386 (2008).
9. S. Sherwin and H. H. Blackburn, “Three-dimensional instabilities and transition of steady and pulsatile axisymmetric stenotic flows,” J. Fluid Mech. 533, 297–327 (2005).
10. F. Alizard, S. Cherubini, and J. Robinet, “Sensitivity and optimal forcing response in separated boundary layer flows,” Phys. Fluids 21, 064108 (2009).
14. M. Griffith, T. Leweke, M. Thompson, and K. Hourigan, “Steady inlet flow in stenotic geometries: Convective and absolute instabilities,” J. Fluid Mech. 616, 111–133 (2008).
15. S. Cherubini, J. Robinet, and P. De Palma, “The effects of non-normality and nonlinearity of the Navier–Stokes operator on the dynamics of a large laminar separation bubble,” Phys. Fluids 22, 014102 (2010).
16. T. Benjamin, “The alliance of practical and analytical insights into the non-linear problems of fluid mechanics,” in Applications of Methods of Functional Analysis to Problems in Mechanics, Lecture Notes in Mathematics Vol. 503, edited by P. Germain and B. Nayroles (Springer-Verlag, 1976), pp. 8–28.
20. A. Obabko and K. Cassel, “On the ejection-induced instability in Navier–Stokes solutions of unsteady separation,” Philos. Trans. R. Soc. London, Ser. A 363, 1189–1198 (2005).
21. M. E. Boghosian, “Flow in partially constricted planar channels: Origins of vortex shedding and global stability of Navier–Stokes solutions,” Ph.D. thesis, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, 2011.
22. V. Theofilis, S. Hein, and U. Dallmann, “On the origins of unsteadiness and three-dimensionality in a laminar separation bubble,” Philos. Trans. R. Soc. London, Ser. A 358, 3229–3246 (2000).
24. U. Solzbach, H. Wollschlager, A. Zeiher, and H. Just, “Effect of stenotic geometry on flow behaviour across stenotic models,” Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing 25, 543–550 (1987).
25. J. Stroud, S. Berger, and D. Saloner, “Influence of stenosis morphology on flow through severely stenotic vessels: Implications for plaque rupture,” J. Biomech. 33, 443–455 (2000).
26. M. Hammes, M. Boghosian, K. Cassel, B. Funaki, and F. Coe, “Characteristic differences in cephalic arch geometry for diabetic and non-diabetic ESRD patients,” Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. 24, 2190–2194 (2009).
28. A. V. Obabko, “Navier–Stokes solutions of unsteady separation induced by a vortex (comparison with theory and influence of a moving wall),” Ph.D. thesis, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, 2001.
29. Y. Tsui and C. Wang, “Calculation of laminar separated flow in symmetric two-dimensional diffusers,” J. Fluids Eng. 117, 612–616 (1995).
30. L. Kaiktsis, G. Karniadakis, and S. Orszag, “Unsteadiness and convective instabilities in two-dimensional flow over a backward-facing step,” J. Fluid Mech. 321, 157–187 (1996).
31. P. Drazin, Introduction to Hydrodynamic Stability (Cambridge University Press, 2002).
33. H. Blackburn, S. Sherwin, and D. Barkley, “Convective instability and transient growth in steady and pulsatile stenotic flows,” J. Fluid Mech. 607, 267–277 (2008).
41. D. Latornell and A. Pollard, “Some observations on the evolution of shear layer instabilities in laminar flow through axisymmetric sudden expansions,” Phys. Fluids 29, 2828–2835 (1986).
42. S. Deck and P. Thorigny, “Unsteadiness of an axisymmetric separating-reattaching flow: Numerical investigation,” Phys. Fluids 19, 065103–1065103–20 (2007).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month