No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Multiscale considerations in direct numerical simulations of multiphase flowsa)
1. F. H. Harlow and J. E. Welch, “Numerical calculation of time-dependent viscous incompressible flow of fluid with a free surface,” Phys. Fluid 8, 2182–2189 (1965).
4. R. B. Chapman and M. S. Plesset, “Nonlinear effects in the collapse of a nearly spherical cavity in a liquid,” ASME, J. Basic Eng. 94, 142 (1972).
8. W. E and B. Enquist, “The heterogeneous multiscale methods,” Commun. Math. Sci. 1, 87–133 (2003).
16. J. Lu, A. Fernandez, and G. Tryggvason, “The effect of bubbles on the wall shear in a turbulent channel flow,” Phys. Fluids 17, 095102 (2005).
24. J. Lu and G. Tryggvason, “Effect of bubble deformability in turbulent bubbly upflow in a vertical channel,” Phys. Fluids 20, 040701 (2008).
25. S. Takagi, T. Ogasawara, and Y. Matsumoto, “The effects of surfactant on the multiscale structure of bubbly flows,” Philos. Trans. R. Soc. London, Ser. A 366, 2117–2129 (2008).
27. J. H. Lienhard IV and J. H. Lienhard V, A Heat Transfer Textbook, 4th ed. (Dover, 2011).
29. B. Aboulhasanzadeh, S. Thomas, M. Taeibi-Rahni, and G. Tryggvason, “Multiscale computations of mass transfer from buoyant bubbles,” Chem. Eng. Sci. 75, 456–467 (2012).
30. R. H. Davis, J. A. Schonberg, and J. M. Rallison, “The lubrication force between two viscous drops,” Phys. Fluids A 1, 77–81 (1989).
31. G. Son, V. Dhir, and N. Ramanujapu, “Dynamics and heat transfer associated with a single bubble during nucleate boiling on a horizontal surface,” J. Heat Transfer 121, 623–631 (1999).
32. S. Takagi, H. N. Oguz, Z. Zhang, and A. Prosperetti, “Physalis: A new method for particle simulation. Part II: Two-dimensional Navier-Stokes flow around cylinders,” J. Comput. Phys. 187, 371–390 (2003).
34. X. B. Nie, S. Y. Chen, W. N. E, and M. O. Robbins, “A continuum and molecular dynamics hybrid method for micro- and nano-fluid flow,” J. Fluid Mech. 500, 55–64 (2004).
36. J. Lowengrub, J. Goodman, H. Lee, E. Longmire, M. Shelley, and L. Truskinovsky, “Topological transitions in liquid/liquid interfaces,” in Free Boundary Problems: Theory and Applications, Research Notes in Mathematics 409 (Chapman and Hall, CRC, 1999), pp. 221–236.
40. G. Tryggvason, R. Scardovelli, and S. Zaleski, Direct Numerical Simulations of Gas-Liquid Multiphase Flows (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2011).
41. W. Dijkhuizen, I. Roghair, M. V. S. Annaland, and J. Kuipers, “DNS of gas bubbles behaviour using an improved 3D front tracking model–drag force on isolated bubbles and comparison with experiments,” Chem. Eng. Sci. 65, 1415–1426 (2010).
46. W. Aniszewski, A. Bogusławski, M. Marek, and A. Tyliszczak, “A new approach to sub-grid surface tension for LES of two-phase flows,” J. Comput. Phys. 231, 7368–7397 (2012).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month