No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Two- and three-dimensional modeling and optimization applied to the design of a fast hydrodynamic focusing microfluidic mixer for protein folding
1. J. M. Berg, J. L. Tymoczko, and L. Stryer, Biochemistry, 5th ed. (W. H. Freeman, New York, 2002).
3. M. Gaudet, N. Remtulla, S. E. Jackson, E. R. G. Main, D. G. Bracewell, G. Aeppli, and P. A. Dalby, “Protein denaturation and protein: Drugs interactions from intrinsic protein fluorescence measurements at the nanolitre scale,” Protein Sci. 19(8), 1544–1554 (2010).
4. J. A. Infante, B. Ivorra, A. M. Ramos, and J. M. Rey, “On the modeling and simulation of high pressure processes and inactivation of enzymes in food engineering,” Math. Models Meth. Appl. Sci. 19(12), 2203–2229 (2009).
5. R. Russell, I. S. Millett, M. W. Tate, L. W. Kwok, B. Nakatani, S. M. Gruner, S. G. Mochrie, V. Pande, S. Doniach, D. Herschlag, and L. Pollack, “Rapid compaction during RNA folding,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99(7), 4266–4271 (2002).
6. C. M. Jones, E. R. Henry, Y. Hu, C. Chan, S. D. Luck, A. Bhuyan, H. Roder, J. Hofrichter, and W. A. Eaton, “Fast events in protein folding initiated by nanosecond laser photolysis,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 90(24), 11860–11864 (1993).
7. M. Jacob, G. Holtermann, D. Perl, J. Reinstein, T. Schindler, M. A. Geeves, and F. X. Schmid, “Microsecond folding of the cold shock protein measured by a pressure-jump technique,” Biochemistry 38(10), 2882–2891 (1999).
8. S. H. Park, M. C. Shastry, and H. Roder, “Folding dynamics of the B1 domain of protein G explored by ultrarapid mixing,” Nat. Struct. Biol. 6(10), 943–947 (1999).
9. H. Yamaguchi, M. Miyazaki, M. Portia Briones-Nagata, and H. Maeda, “Refolding of difficult-to-fold proteins by a gradual decrease of denaturant using microfluidic chips,” J. Biochem. 147(6), 895–903 (2010).
10. M. B. Kerby, J. Lee, J. Ziperstein, and A. Tripathi, “Kinetic measurements of protein conformation in a microchip,” Biotechnol. Prog. 22(5), 1416–1425 (2006).
13. J. Dunbar, H. P. Yennawar, S. Banerjee, J. Luo, and G. K. Farber, “The effect of denaturants on protein structure,” Protein Sci. 6(8), 1727–1733 (1997).
14. D. E. Hertzog, B. Ivorra, B. Mohammadi, O. Bakajin, and J. G. Santiago, “Optimization of a microfluidic mixer for studying protein folding kinetics,” Anal. Chem. 78(13), 4299–4306 (2006).
15. D. E. Hertzog, X. Michalet, M. Jäger, X. Kong, J. G. Santiago, S. Weiss, and O. Bakajin, “Femtomole mixer for microsecond kinetic studies of protein folding,” Anal. Chem. 76(24), 7169–7178 (2004).
16. S. Yao and O. Bakajin, “Improvements in mixing time and mixing uniformity in devices designed for studies of proteins folding kinetics,” Anal. Chem. 79(1), 5753–5759 (2007).
17. B. Ivorra, B. Mohammadi, J. G. Santiago, and D. E. Hertzog, “Semi-deterministic and genetic algorithms for global optimization of microfluidic protein folding devices,” Int. J. Numer. Method Eng. 66(2), 319–333 (2006).
18. N. Darnton, O. Bakajin, R. Huang, B. North, J. O. Tegenfeldt, E. C. Cox, J. Sturm, and R. H. Austin, “Hydrodynamics in 2 dimensions: Making jets in a plane,” J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 13, 4891–4902 (2001).
19. H. Y. Park, X. Qiu, E. Rhoades, J. Korlach, L. Kwok, W. R. Zipfel, W. W. Webb, and L. Pollack, “Achieving uniform mixing in a microfluidic device: Hydrodynamic focusing prior to mixing,” Anal. Chem. 78(13), 4465–4473 (2006).
20. A. J. M. Ferreira, MATLAB Codes for Finite Element Analysis, Solid Mechanics and its Applications, Vol. 157 (Springer, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 2009).
21. B. Massey and J. Ward-Smith, Mechanics of Fluids, 8th ed. (Taylor & Francis, New York, 2005).
22. C.-W. Tsaoa and D. L. DeVoe, Lab on a Chip Technology: Volume 1: Fabrication and Microfluidics (Caister Academic, Norfolk, UK, 2009).
23. J. B. Knight, A. Vishwanath, J. P. Brody, and R. H. Austin, “Hydrodynamic focusing on a silicon chip: Mixing nanoliters in microseconds,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 80(17), 3863–3866 (1998).
25. W. R. Dean, “The stream-line motion of fluid in a curved pipe (second paper),” Philos. Mag. 5(30), 673–695 (1928).
26. Y. Gambin, V. VanDelinder, A. C. Ferreon, E. A. Lemke, A. Groisman, and A. Deniz, “Visualizing a one-way protein encounter complex by ultrafast single-molecule mixing,” Nat. Methods 8(3), 239–41 (2011).
27. Y. Gambin, C. Simonnet, V. VanDelinder, A. Deniz, and A. Groisman, “Ultrafast microfluidic mixer with three-dimensional flow focusing for studies of biochemical kinetics,” Lab Chip 10, 598–609 (2010).
28. M. S. Munson and P. Yager, “Simple quantitative optical method for monitoring the extent of mixing applied to a novel microfluidic mixer,” Anal. Chim. Acta 507, 63–71 (2004).
29. J. M. Ottino, The Kinematics of Mixing: Stretching, Chaos, and Transport (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1989).
30. R. Glowinski and P. Neittaanmäki, Partial Differential Equations: Modelling and Numerical Simulation, Computational Methods in Applied Sciences, Vol. 16 (Springer, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 2008).
31. K. Kawahara and C. Tanford, “Viscosity and density of aqueous solutions of urea and guanidine hydrochloride,” J. Biol. Chem. 241(13), 3228–3232 (1966).
32. S. Nishida, N. Tomokazu, and M. Terazima, “Hydrogen bonding dynamics during protein folding of reduced cytochrome c: Temperature and denaturant concentration dependence,” Biophys. J. 89, 2004–2010 (2005).
33. R. F. Ismagilov, A. D. Stroock, P. J. A. Kenis, G. Whitesidesa, and H. A. Stonea, “Experimental and theoretical scaling laws for transverse diffusive broadening in two-phase laminar flows in microchannels,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 76(17), 2376–2378 (2000).
34. J. L. Redondo, J. Fernández, I. García, and P. M. Ortigosa, “A robust and efficient global optimization algorithm for planar competitive location problems,” Ann. Oper. Res. 167(1), 87–105 (2009).
35. J. L. Redondo, J. Fernández, I. García, and P. M. Ortigosa, “Solving the multiple competitive location and design problem on the plane,” Evol. Comput. 17(1), 21–53 (2009).
36. J. L. Redondo, J. Fernández, I. García, and P. M. Ortigosa, “Parallel algorithms for continuous competitive location problems,” Optim. Methods Software 23(5), 779–791 (2008).
37. D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning (Addison-Wesley, Boston, Massachusetts, 1989).
38. L. Debiane, B. Ivorra, B. Mohammadi, F. Nicoud, T. Poinsot, A. Ern, and H. Pitsch, “A low complexity global optimization algorithm for temperature and pollution control in flames with complex chemistry,” Int. J. Comput. Fluid Dyn. 20(2), 93–98 (2006).
39. B. Ivorra, A. M. Ramos, and B. Mohammadi, “Semideterministic global optimization method: Application to a control problem of the burgers equation,” J. Optim. Theory Appl. 135(3), 549–561 (2007).
40. S. Gomez, B. Ivorra, and A. M. Ramos, “Optimization of a pumping ship trajectory to clean oil contamination in the open sea,” Math. Comput. Modell. 54(1), 477–489 (2011).
41. D. Isebe, F. Bouchette, P. Azerad, B. Ivorra, and B. Mohammadi, “Shape optimization of geotextile tubes for sandy beach protection,” Int. J. Numer. Method Eng. 174(8), 1262–1277 (2008).
42. B. Ivorra, D. Mohammadi, L. Dumas, O. Durand, and P. Redont, “Semi-deterministic vs. genetic algorithms for global optimization of multichannel optical filters,” Int. J. Comput. Sci. Eng. 2(3), 170–178 (2006).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month