No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The effect of interface movement and viscosity variation on the stability of a diffusive interface between aqueous and gaseous CO2
1. L. Gmelin, Gmelins Handbuch der Anorganischen Chemie, System-Nr. 14: 8. Auflage. Kohlenstoff, Teil C3, Verbindungen., 8th ed. (Springer, Berlin, 1973).
3. R. Farajzadeh, P. Ranganathan, P. Zitha, and J. Bruining, “The effect of heterogeneity on the character of density driven natural convection of CO2 overlying a brine layer,” Adv. Water Resour. 34, 327–339 (2011).
4. R. Farajzadeh, B. Meulenbroek, D. Daniel, A. Riaz, and J. Bruining, “An empirical theory for gravitationally unstable flow in porous media,” Comput. Geosci. 17, 515–527 (2013).
5. R. Farajzadeh, H. Salimi, P. L. J. Zitha, and H. Bruining, “Numerical simulation of density-driven natural convection in porous media with application for CO2 injection projects,” Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 50, 5054–5064 (2007).
6. Ch. Yang and Y. Gu, “Accelerated mass transfer of CO2 in reservoir brine due to density-driven natural convection at high pressures and elevated temperatures,” Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 45, 2430–2436 (2006).
7. A. Riaz, M. Hesse, H. A. Tchelepi, and F. M. Orr, “Onset of convection in a gravitationally unstable diffusive boundary layer in porous media,” J. Fluid Mech. 548, 87–111 (2006).
8. J. Ennis-King, I. Preston, and L. Paterson, “Onset of convection in anisotropic porous media subject to a rapid change in boundary conditions,” Phys. Fluids 17, 084107 (2005).
10. K. B. Haugen and A. Firoozabadi, “Composition at the interface between multi-component nonequilibrium fluid phases,” J. Chem. Phys. 130, 064707 (2009).
11. R. Farajzadeh, P. L. J. Zitha, and J. Bruining, “Enhanced mass transfer of CO2 into water: Experiment and modeling,” Ind. Chem. Res. 48, 6423–6431 (2009).
12. C. T. Tan and G. M. Homsy, “Stability of miscible displacements in porous media: Rectilinear flow,” Phys. Fluids 29, 3549–3556 (1986).
13. A. Rogerson and E. Meiburg, “Shear stabilization of miscible displacement processes in porous media,” Phys. Fluids A 5, 1344–1355 (1993).
14. S. Rapaka, S. Chen, R. J. Pawar, P. H. Stauffer, and D. Zhang, “Non-modal growth of perturbations in density-driven convection in porous media,” J. Fluid Mech. 609, 285–303 (2008).
15. J-P Caltagirone, “Stability of a saturated porous layer subject to a sudden rise in surface temperature: Comparison between the linear and energy methods,” Q. J. Mech. Appl. Math. 33, 47–58 (1980).
16. D. A. S. Rees, A. Selim, and J. P. Ennis-King, “The instability of unsteady boundary layers in porous media,” Emerging Topics in Heat and Mass Transfer in Porous Media (Springer Netherlands, 2008), pp. 85–110.
17. J. W. Gardner and J. G. J. Ypma, “An investigation of phase-behavior macroscopic-bypassing interaction in CO2 flooding,” SPEJ 24, 508–520 (1984).
18. H. C. Brinkman, “A calculation of the viscous force exerted by a flowing fluid on a dense swarm of particles,” Appl. Sci. Res. 1, 27–34 (1949).
19. J. Zeng, Y. C. Yortsos, and D. Salin, “On the brinkman correction in unidirectional hele-shaw flows,” Phys. Fluids 15, 3829–3836 (2003).
20. J. Fernandez, P. Kurowski, L. Limat, and P. Petitjeans, “Wavelength selection of fingering instability inside hele-shaw cells,” Phys. Fluids 13, 3120–3125 (2001).
21. J. Fernandez, P. Kurowski, P. Petitjeans, and E. Meiburg, “Density-driven unstable flows of miscible fluids in a hele-shaw cell,” J. Fluid Mech. 451, 239–260 (2002).
22. Y. C. Yortsos and M. Zeybek, “Dispersion driven instability in miscible displacement in porous media,” Phys. Fluids 31, 3511–3518 (1988).
23. J. C. Bacri, N. Rakotomalala, D. Salin, and R. Woumeni, “Miscible viscous fingering: Experiments versus continuum approach,” Phys. Fluids A 4, 1611–1619 (1992).
24. J. Martin, N. Rakotomalala, and D. Salin, “Gravitational instability of miscible fluid in a hele-shaw cell,” Phys. Fluids 14, 902–905 (2002).
27. P. M. Gresho and R. L. Sani, “The stability of a fluid layer subjected to a step change in temperature: transient vs. frozen time analyses,” Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 14, 207–221 (1971).
28. M. C. Kim, K. Y. Kim, and S. Kim, “The onset of transient convection in fluid-saturated porous layer heated uniformly from below,” Int. Commun. Heat Mass Transfer 31, 53–62 (2004).
30. G. I. Barenblatt, V. M. Entov, and V. M. Ryzhyk, Theory of Fluid Flows Through Natural Rocks (Springer, 1990).
31. V. S. Mitlin, Nonlinear Dynamics of Reservoir Mixtures (CRC PressINC, 1993).
32. R. A. Farajzadeh, H. Delil, P. L. J. Zitha, and H. Bruining, “Enhanced mass transfer of CO2 into water and oil by natural convection,” in Proceedings of Europec/EAGE Conference and Exhibition, 11–14 June 2007, London, UK (Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2007).
33. S. Bando, F. Takemura, M. Nishio, E. Hihara, and M. Akai, “Viscosity of aqueous NaCl solutions with dissolved CO2 at (30 to 60) degrees C and (10 to 20) MPa,” J. Chem. Eng. Data 49, 1328–1332 (2004).
34. A. Mojaddamzadeh, “CO2 sequestration: Visualization of natural convection flow of CO2 in water by Schlieren method,” Master's thesis, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2009.
35. R. Khosrokhavar, G. Elsinga, A. Mojaddamzadeh, R. Farajzadeh, and J. Bruining, “Visualization of natural convection flow of (sub) and (super) critical CO2 in aqueous and oleic systems by applying Schlieren method,” in Proceeding of Society of Petroleum Engineers SPE EUROPEC/EAGE Annual Conference and Exhibition held in Vienna, Austria, 23–26 May 2011 (Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2011).
36. G. S. Settles, Schlieren and Shadowgraph Techniques: Visualizing Phenomena in Transperent Media (Springer-Verlag, 2001).
37. C-Y. Chen and E. Meiburg, “Miscible porous media displacements in the quarter five-spot configuration. Part 2. Effect of heterogeneities,” J. Fluid Mech. 371, 269–299 (1998).
39. R. Farajzadeh, A. Barati, H. A. Delil, J. Bruining, and P. L. J. Zitha, “Mass transfer of CO2 into water and surfactant solutions,” Pet. Sci. Technol. 25, 1493–1511 (2007).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month