No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Dynamic mode decomposition for large and streaming datasets
5. M. Grilli, A. Vázquez-Quesada, and M. Ellero, “Transition to turbulence and mixing in a viscoelastic fluid flowing inside a channel with a periodic array of cylindrical obstacles,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 174501 (2013).
7. P. Holmes, J. L. Lumley, G. Berkooz, and C. W. Rowley, Turbulence, Coherent Structures, Dynamical Systems and Symmetry, 2nd ed., Cambridge Monographs on Mechanics (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2012).
8. H. Yu, M. Leeser, G. Tadmor, and S. Siegel, “Real-time particle image velocimetry for feedback loops using FPGA implementation,” J. Aerospace Comput., Inform., Commun. 3, 52–62 (2006).
10. J. H. Tu, C. W. Rowley, D. M. Luchtenburg, S. L. Brunton, and J. N. Kutz, “On dynamic mode decomposition: Theory and applications,” J. Comput. Dyn. (in press).
12. J. H. Tu, C. W. Rowley, J. N. Kutz, and J. Shang, “Toward compressed DMD: Spectral analysis of fluid flows using sub-Nyquist-rate PIV data,” Exp. Fluids 55, 1–13 (2014).
13. B. A. Belson, J. H. Tu, and C. W. Rowley, “A parallelized model reduction library,” ACM Trans. Math. Software 40, 30–130–23 (2014).
Article metrics loading...
We formulate a low-storage method for performing dynamic mode decomposition that can be updated inexpensively as new data become available; this formulation allows dynamical information to be extracted from large datasets and data streams. We present two algorithms: the first is mathematically equivalent to a standard “batch-processed” formulation; the second introduces a compression step that maintains computational efficiency, while enhancing the ability to isolate pertinent dynamical information from noisy measurements. Both algorithms reliably capture dominant fluid dynamic behaviors, as demonstrated on cylinder wake data collected from both direct numerical simulations and particle image velocimetry experiments.
Full text loading...
Most read this month