No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Effect of collisions on amplification of laser beams by Brillouin scattering in plasmas
1. J. D. Lindl, P. Amendt, R. L. Berger, S. G. Glendinning, S. H. Glenzer, S. W. Haan, R. L. Kauffman, O. L. Landen, and L. J. Suter, Phys. Plasmas 11, 339 (2004).
2. S. H. Glenzer, D. H. Froula, L. Divol, M. Dorr, R. L. Berger, S. Dixit, B. A. Hammel, C. Haynam, J. A. Hittinger, J. P. Holder, O. S. Jones, D. H. Kalantar, O. L. Landen, A. B. Langdon, S. Langer, B. J. MacGowan, A. J. Mackinnon, N. Meezan, E. I. Moses, C. Niemann, C. H. Still, L. J. Suter, R. J. Wallace, E. A. Williams, and B. K. F. Young, Nature Phys. 3, 716 (2007).
8. R. K. Kirkwood, B. B. Afeyan, W. L. Kruer, B. J. MacGowan, J. D. Moody, D. S. Montgomery, D. M. Pennington, T. L. Weiland, and S. C. Wilks, Phys. Rev. Lett. 76, 2065 (1996).
12. P. Michel, L. Divol, E. A. Williams, S. Weber, C. A. Thomas, D. A. Callahan, S. W. Haan, J. D. Salmonson, S. Dixit, D. E. Hinkel, M. J. Edwards, B. J. MacGowan, J. D. Lindl, S. H. Glenzer, and L. J. Suter, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 025004 (2009).
13. P. Michel, S. H. Glenzer, L. Divol, D. K. Bradley, D. Callahan, S. Dixit, S. Glenn, D. Hinkel, R. K. Kirkwood, J. L. Kline, W. L. Kruer, G. A. Kyrala, S. Le Pape, N. B. Meezan, R. Town, K. Widmann, E. A. Williams, B. J. MacGowan, J. Lindl, and L. J. Suter, Phys. Plasmas 17, 056305 (2010).
14. B. I. Cohen, B. F. Lasinski, A. B. Langdon, E. A. Williams, K. B. Wharton, R. K. Kirkwood, and K. G. Estabrook, Phys. Plasmas 5, 3408 (1998).
15. E. A. Williams, B. I. Cohen, L. Divol, M. R. Dorr, J. A. Hittinger, D. E. Hinkel, A. B. Langdon, R. K. Kirkwood, D. H. Froula, and S. H. Glenzer, Phys. Plasmas 11, 231 (2004).
17. R. K. Kirkwood, J. D. Moody, A. B. Langdon, B. I. Cohen, E. A. Williams, M. R. Dorr, J. A. Hittinger, R. Berger, P. E. Young, L. J. Suter, L. Divol, S. H. Glenzer, O. L. Landen, and W. Seka, Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 215003 (2002).
19. L. Lancia, J. R. Marques, M. Nakatsutsumi, C. Riconda, S. Weber, S. Huller, A. Mancic, P. Antici, V. T. Tikhonchuk, A. Heron, P. Audebert, and J. Fuchs, Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 025001 (2010).
21. R. A. Fonseca, L. O. Silva, F. S. Tsung, V. K. Decyk, W. Lu, C. Ren, W. B. Mori, S. Deng, S. Lee, T. Katsouleas, and J. C. Adam, in Computational Science-ICCS 2002, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2331, edited by P. M. A. Sloot, C. J. K. Tan, J. J. Dongarra, and A. G. Hoekstra (Springer, 2002), pp. 342–351.
Article metrics loading...
We report on particle in cell simulations of energy transfer between a laser pump beam and a counter-propagating seed beam using the Brillouin scattering process in uniform plasma including collisions. The results presented show that the ion acoustic waves excited through naturally occurring Brillouin scattering of the pump field are preferentially damped without affecting the driven Brillouin scattering process resulting from the beating of the pump and seed fields together. We find that collisions, including the effects of Landau damping, allow for a more efficient transfer of energy between the laser beams, and a significant reduction in the amount of seed pre-pulse produced.
Full text loading...
Most read this month