No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Simulations of material mixing in laser-driven reshock experiments
1. L. Welser-Sherrill, J. Fincke, F. Doss, E. Loomis, K. Flippo, D. Offermann, P. Keiter, B. M. Haines, and F. F. Grinstein, “ Two laser-driven mix experiments to study reshock and shear,” High Energy Density Phys. (submitted).
2. P. Sagaut, Large Eddy Simulation for Incompressible Flows, 3rd ed. (Springer, New York, 2006).
3. Implicit Large Eddy Simulation: Computing Turbulent Flow Dynamics, edited by F. F. Grinstein, L. G. Margolin, and W. J. Rider (Cambridge University Press, New York, 2010).
4. W. K. George and L. Davidson, “ Role of initial conditions in establishing asymptotic flow behavior,” AIAA J. 42, 438–446 (2004).
5. B. M. Haines, F. F. Grinstein, and J. D. Schwarzkopf, “ Reynolds-averaged Navier–Stokes model initialization and validation in shock-driven turbulent mixing,” J. Turbul. (in press).
6. T. Poinsot and D. Veynante, Theoretical and Numerical Combustion (Edwards, Philadelphia, 2001).
8. J. R. Ristorcelli and J. Bakosi, “ Relating BHR's material field moments to two parameter assumed PDF's for variable density turbulent mixing,” Los Alamos National Laboratory Report No. LA-UR-12-00297, 2012.
9. D. Besnard, F. H. Harlow, F. H. Rauenzahn, and C. Zemach, “ Turbulence transport equations for variable-density turbulence and their relationship to two-field models,” Los Alamos National Laboratory Report No. LA-UR-12303, 1992.
11. F. F. Grinstein, A. A. Gowardhan, and A. J. Wachtor, “ Simulations of Richtmyer-Meshkov instabilities in planar shock-tube experiments,” Phys. Fluids 23, 034106 (2011).
12. A. A. Gowardhan, J. R. Ristorcelli, and F. F. Grinstein, “ The bipolar behavior of the Richtmyer-Meshkov instability,” Phys. Fluids 23, 071701 (2011).
14. K. Stalsberg-Zarling and R. A. Gore, “ The BHR2 turbulence model: incompressible isotropic decay, Rayleigh–Taylor, Kelvin–Helmholtz and homogeneous variable density turbulence,” Los Alamos National Laboratory Report No. LA-UR-11-04773, 2011.
15. J. D. Schwarzkopf, D. Livescu, R. A. Gore, R. M. Rauenzahn, and J. R. Ristorcelli, “ Application of a second-moment closure model to mixing processes involving multi-component miscible fluids,” J. Turbul. 12(N49 ), 1–35 (2011).
17. A. Banerjee, R. A. Gore, and M. J. Andrews, “ Development and validation of a turbulent-mix model for variable-density and compressible flows,” Phys. Rev. E 82, 046309 (2010).
18. W. K. George, “ The self-preservation of turbulent flows and its relation to initial conditions and coherent structures,” Advances in Turbulence, edited by W. K. George and R. E. A. Arndt (Hemisphere, New York, 1989).
19. G. Dimonte, “ Nonlinear evolution of the Rayleigh-Taylor and Richtmyer-Meshkov instabilities,” Phys. Plasma 6, 2009–2015 (1999).
20. D. Youngs, “ Rayleigh-Taylor and Richtmyer-Meshkov mixing,” in Implicit Large Eddy Simulation: Computing Turbulent Flow Dynamics, edited by F. F. Grinstein, L. G. Margolin, and W. J. Rider (Cambridge University Press, 2010), Chap. 13.
21. M. Hahn, D. Drikakis, D. L. Youngs, and R. J. R. Williams, “ Richtmyer–Meshkov turbulent mixing arising from an inclined material interface with realistic surface perturbations and reshocked flow,” Phys. Fluids 23, 046101 (2011).
22. H. Tennekes and J. L. Lumley, A First Course in Turbulence (MIT, Cambridge, MA, 1972).
23. Y. Zhou, “ Unification and extension of the similarity scaling criteria and mixing transition for studying astrophysics using high energy density laboratory experiments or numerical simulations,” Phys. Plasmas 14, 082701 (2007).
24. D. Drikakis, C. Fureby, F. F. Grinstein, and D. Youngs, “ Simulation of transition and turbulence decay in the Taylor-Green vortex,” J. Turbul. 8(N20 ), 1–12 (2007).
27. S. T. Bose, P. Moin, and D. You, “ Grid-independent large-eddy simulation using explicit filtering,” Phys. Fluids 22, 105103 (2010).
28. C. Fureby and F. F. Grinstein, “ Monotonically integrated large eddy simulation of free shear flows,” AIAA J. 37, 544 (1999).
30. A. J. Wachtor, F. F. Grinstein, C. R. DeVore, J. R. Ristorcelli, and L. G. Margolin, “ Implicit large-eddy simulation of passive scalar mixing in statistically stationary isotropic turbulence,” Phys. Fluids 25, 025101 (2013).
31. Y. Zhou, B. A. Remington, H. F. Robey et al., “ Progress in understanding turbulent mixing induced by Rayleigh-Taylor and Richtmyer-Meshkov instabilities,” Phys. Plasmas 10, 1883 (2003).
32. A. N. Kolmogorov, C. R. “ The local structure of turbulence in incompressible viscous fluid for very large Reynolds numbers,” Proceedings of the USSR Academy of Sciences 30, 299–303 (1941);
32.translated into Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Series A: Mathematical and Physical Sciences 434, 9–13 (1991).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month