No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
On nonlinear physics of shear Alfvén wavesa)
4. A. Fasoli, C. Gormenzano, H. L. Berk, B. N. Breizman, S. Briguglio, D. S. Darrow, N. N. Gorelenkov, W. W. Heidbrink, A. Jaun, S. V. Konovalov, R. Nazikian, J. Noterdaeme, S. E. Sharapov, K. Shinohara, D. Testa, K. Tobita, Y. Todo, G. Vlad, and F. Zonca, Nucl. Fusion 47, S264 (2007).
24. C. Walén, Ark. Mat., Astron. Fys. 30A, 1 (1944).
25. H. Alfvén, Cosmical Electrodynamics (Clarendon, Oxford, United Kingdom, 1950).
27. R. Z. Sagdeev and A. A. Galeev, Nonlinear Plasma Theory (W. A. Benjamin Inc., 1969).
31. F. Zonca and L. Chen, “Spontaneous excitation of convective cells by kinetic Alfvén waves,” Europhys. Lett. (submitted).
39. R. Z. Sagdeev, V. D. Shapiro, and V. I. Shevchenko, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. Pis'ma Red. 27, 361 (1978).
40. R. Z. Sagdeev, V. D. Shapiro, and V. I. Shevchenko, Sov. Phys. JETP 27, 340 (1978).
44. F. Zonca, P. Buratti, A. Cardinali, L. Chen, J. Dong, Y. Long, A. V. Milovanov, F. Romanelli, P. Smeulders, L. Wang, Z. Wang, C. Castaldo, R. Cesario, E. Giovannozzi, M. Marinucci, and V. Pericoli Ridolfini, Nucl. Fusion 47, 1588 (2007).
45. F. Zonca and L. Chen, in Theory of Fusion Plasmas, edited by O. Sauter, X. Garbet, and E. Sindoni (AIP, 2008), Vol. CP1069, p. 355.
Article metrics loading...
Shear Alfvén waves (SAW) are electromagnetic oscillations prevalent in laboratory and nature magnetized plasmas. Due to their anisotropic nature, it is well known that the linear wave propagation and dispersiveness of SAW are fundamentally affected by plasma nonuniformities and magnetic field geometries, such as the existence of continuous spectrum, spectral gaps, and discrete eigenmodes in toroidal plasmas. This work discusses the pure Alfvénic state and demonstrates the crucial roles that finite ion compressibility, non-ideal kinetic effects, and geometry play in breaking it and, thereby, the nonlinear physics of SAW wave-wave interactions.
Full text loading...
Most read this month