No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Visco-elastic fluid simulations of coherent structures in strongly coupled dusty plasma medium
1. V. E. Fortov, I. T. Iakubov, and A. G. Khrapak, Physics of Strongly Coupled Plasma (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 2006).
6. J. Frenkel, Kinetic Theory of Liquids (Dover Publications, 1955).
11. J. B. Weiss and J. C. McWilliams, “ Temporal scaling behavior of decaying twodimensional turbulence,” Phys. Fluids A 5(3 ), 608 (1993).
14. P. K. Kaw, K. Nishikawa, and N. Sato, “ Rotation in collisional strongly coupled dusty plasmas in a magnetic field,” Phys. Plasmas 9(2 ), 387 2002.
18. M. Klindworth, A. Melzer, A. Piel, and V. A. Schweigert, “ Laser-excited intershell rotation of finite coulomb clusters in a dusty plasma,” Phys. Rev. B 61, 8404–8410 (2000).
19. G. E. Morfill, M. Rubin-Zuzic, H. Rothermel, A. V. Ivlev, B. A. Klumov, H. M. Thomas, U. Konopka, and V. Steinberg, “ Highly resolved fluid flows: “liquid plasmas” at the kinetic level,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 92, 175004 (2004).
22. U. Konopka, D. Samsonov, A. V. Ivlev, J. Goree, V. Steinberg, and G. E. Morfill, “ Rigid and differential plasma crystal rotation induced by magnetic fields,” Phys. Rev. E 61, 1890–1898 (2000).
23. N. Sato, G. Uchida, T. Kaneko, S. Shimizu, and S. Iizuka, “ Dynamics of fine particles in magnetized plasmas,” Phys. Plasmas 8(5 ), 1786 (2001).
29. S. Ichimaru, H. Iyetomi, and S. Tanaka, “ Statistical physics of dense plasmas: Thermodynamics, transport coefficients and dynamic correlations,” Phys. Rep. 149(23 ), 91–205 (1987).
32. J. P. Boris, A. M. Landsberg, E. S. Oran, and J. H. Gardner, “ LCPFCT A flux-corrected transport algorithm for solving generalized continuity equations,” Technical Report NRL Memorandum Report No. 93-7192, Naval Research Laboratory, 1993.
33. S. K. Tiwari, V. S. Dharodi, A. Das, B. G. Patel, and P. Kaw, “ Evolution of sheared flow structure in visco-elastic fluids,” AIP Conf. Proc. 1582(1 ), 55 (2014).
34. P. Meunier, U. Ehrenstein, T. Leweke, and M. Rossi, “ A merging criterion for two-dimensional co-rotating vortices,” Phys. Fluids 14(8 ), 2757 (2002).
Article metrics loading...
A generalized hydrodynamic model depicting the behaviour of visco-elastic fluids has often been invoked to explore the behaviour of a strongly coupled dusty plasma medium below their crystallization limit. The model has been successful in describing the collective normal modes of the strongly coupled dusty plasma medium observed experimentally. The paper focuses on the study of nonlinear dynamical characteristic features of this model. Specifically, the evolution of coherent vorticity patches is being investigated here within the framework of this model. A comparison with Newtonian fluids and molecular dynamics simulations treating the dust species interacting through the Yukawa potential has also been presented.
Full text loading...
Most read this month