No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Uniformity of spherical shock wave dynamically stabilized by two successive laser profiles in direct-drive inertial confinement fusion implosions
1. J. D. Lindl, Inertial Confinement Fusion: The Quest for Ignition and High Gain Using Indirect Drive ( Springer, New York, 1998).
2. S. Atzeni and J. Meyer-ter-Vehn, The Physics of Inertial Fusion ( Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2004).
5. M. Tabak, J. Hammer, M. E. Glinsky, W. L. Kruer, S. C. Wilks, J. Woodworth, E. M. Campbell, M. D. Perry, and R. J. Mason, Phys. Plasmas 1, 1626 (1994).
8. H. Azechi, K. Mima, S. Shiraga, S. Fujioka, H. Nagatomo, Y. Johzaki, T. Jitsuno, M. Key, R. Kodama, M. Koga, K. Kondo, J. Kawanaka, N. Miyanaga, M. Murakami, K. Nagai, M. Nakai, H. Nakamura, T. Nakamura, T. Nakazato, Y. Nakao, K. Nishihara, H. Nishimura, T. Norimatsu, P. Norreys, T. Ozaki, J. Pasley, H. Sakagami, Y. Sakawa, N. Sarukura, K. Shigemori, T. Shimizu, A. Sunahara, T. Taguchi, K. Tanaka, K. Tsubakimoto, Y. Fujimoto, H. Homma, and A. Iwamoto, Nucl. Fusion 53, 104021 (2013).
9. M. Roth, T. E. Cowan, M. H. Key, S. P. Hatchett, C. Brown, W. Fountain, J. Johnson, D. M. Pennington, R. A. Snavely, S. C. Wilks, K. Yasuike, H. Ruhl, F. Pegoraro, S. V. Bulanov, E. M. Campbell, M. D. Perry, and H. Powell, Phys. Rev. Lett. 86, 436 (2001).
11. C. Fernández, J. J. Honrubia, B. J. Albright, K. A. Flippo, D. C. Gautier, B. M. Hegelich, M. J. Schmitt, M. Temporal, and L. Yin, Nucl. Fusion 49, 065004 (2009).
21. N. Hopps, K. Oades, J. Andrew, C. Brown, G. Cooper, C. Danson, S. Daykin, S. Duffield, R. Edwards, D. Egan, S. Elsmere, S. Gales, M. Girling, E. Gumbrell, E. Harvey, D. Hillier, D. Hoarty, C. Horsfield, S. James, A. Leatherland, S. Masoero, A. Meadowcroft, M. Norman, S. Parker, S. Rothman, M. Rubery, P. Treadwell, D. Winter, and T. Bett, Plasma Phys. Controlled Fusion 57, 064002 (2015).
22. D. D. Meyerhofer, R. L. McCrory, R. Betti, T. R. Boehly, D. T. Casey, T. J. B. Collins, R. S. Craxton, J. A. Delettrez, D. H. Edgell, R. Epstein, K. A. Fletcher, J. A. Frenje, Y. Yu. Glebov, V. N. Goncharov, D. R. Harding, S. H. Hu, I. V. Igumenshchev, J. P. Knauer, C. K. Li, J. A. Marozas, F. J. Marshall, P. W. McKenty, P. M. Nilson, S. P. Padalino, R. D. Petrasso, P. B. Radha, S. P. Regan, T. C. Sangster, F. H. Séguin, W. Seka, R. W. Short, D. Shvarts, S. Skupsky, J. M. Soures, C. Stoeckl, W. Theobald, and B. Yaakobi, Nucl. Fusion 51, 053010 (2011).
23. K. Mima, K. A. Tanaka, R. Kodama, T. Johzaki, H. Nagatomo, H. Shiraga, N. Miyanaga, M. Murakami, H. Azechi, M. Nakai, T. Norimatu, K. Nagai, T. Taguchi, and H. Sakagami, Eur. Phys. J. D 44, 259 (2007).
28. S. Skupsky, J. A. Marozas, R. S. Craxton, R. Betti, T. J. B. Collins, J. A. Delettrez, V. N. Goncharov, P. W. McKenty, P. B. Radha, J. P. Knauer, F. J. Marshall, D. R. Harding, J. D. Kilkenny, D. D. Meyerhofer, T. C. Sangster, and R. L. McCrory, Plasma Phys. 11, 2763 (2004).
Article metrics loading...
The implosion uniformity of a directly driven spherical inertial confinement fusion capsule is considered within the context of the Laser Mégajoule configuration. Two-dimensional (2D) hydrodynamic simulations have been performed assuming irradiation with two laser beam cones located at 49° and 131° with respect to the axis of symmetry. The laser energy deposition causes an inward shock wave whose surface is tracked in time, providing the time evolution of its non-uniformity. The illumination
model has been used to optimize the laser intensity profiles used as input in the 2D hydro-calculations. It is found that a single stationary laser profile does not maintain a uniform shock front over time. To overcome this drawback, it is proposed to use two laser profiles acting successively in time, in order to dynamically stabilize the non-uniformity of the shock front.
Full text loading...
Most read this month