No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Formation of large-scale structures with sharp density gradient through
Rayleigh-Taylor growth in a two-dimensional slab under the two-fluid and finite Larmor
1. S. Chandrasekhar , Hydrodynamic and Hydromagnetic Stability ( Oxford University Press, 1961).
2. P. G. Drazin and W. H. Reid , Hydrodynamic Stability ( Cambridge University Press, 1981).
3. J. P. Freidberg , Ideal MHD ( Cambridge University Press, 2014).
4. M. N. Rosenbluth , N. A. Krall , and N. Rostoker , Nucl. Fusion Suppl. 1, 143 (1962).
12. S. Sakakibara , K. Watanabe , Y. Suzuki , Y. Narushima , S. Ohdachi , N. Nakajima , F. Watanabe , L. Garcia , A. Weller , K. Toi , I. Yamada , K. Tanaka , T. Tokuzawa , K. Ida , H. Yamada , A. Komori , O. Motojima , and the LHD Experimental Group, Plasma Phys. Controlled Fusion 50, 124014 (2008).
13. S. Sakakibara , K. Watanabe , H. Yamada , Y. Narushima , K. Toi , S. Ohdachi , T. Yamaguchi , K. Narihara , K. Tanaka , T. Tokuzawa , K. Ida , O. Kaneko , K. Kawahata , A. Komori , and LHD Experimental Group, Fusion Sci. Technol. 58, 176 (2010).
15. M. Sato , N. Nakajima , K. Watanabe , Y. Todo , and Y. Suzuki , in 24th IAEA Fusion Energy Conference ( San Diego, 2012), p. TH/P3-25.
17. S. I. Braginskii , in Reviews of Plasma Physics, edited by M. A. Leontovich ( Consultants Bureau, New York, 1965), Vol. 1, p. 205.
20. T. Hatori , H. Miura , A. Ito , M. Sato , and R. Goto , in Bulletin of the 55th APS DPP (2013), PP8.83.
Article metrics loading...
Two-fluid and the finite Larmor effects on linear and nonlinear growth of the
Rayleigh-Taylor instability in a two-dimensional slab are studied numerically with
special attention to high-wave-number dynamics and nonlinear structure formation at a low
β-value. The two effects stabilize the unstable high wave number modes
for a certain range of the β-value. In nonlinear simulations, the absence
of the high wave number modes in the linear stage leads to the formation of the
density field structure much larger than that in the single-fluid magnetohydrodynamic
simulation, together with a sharp density gradient as well as a large velocity difference.
The formation of the sharp velocity difference leads to a subsequent Kelvin-Helmholtz-type
instability only when both the two-fluid and finite Larmor radius terms
are incorporated, whereas it is not observed otherwise. It is shown that the emergence of
the secondary instability can modify the outline of the turbulent structures associated
with the primary Rayleigh-Taylor instability.
Full text loading...
Most read this month