No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Investigating flow patterns and related dynamics in multi-instability
turbulent plasmas using a three-point cross-phase time delay estimation velocimetry
1. B. B. Kadomtsev , Plasma Turbulence ( Academic Press, London, New York, 1965).
2. A. Fujisawa , K. Itoh , H. Iguchi , K. Matsuoka , S. Okamura , A. Shimizu , T. Minami , Y. Yoshimura , K. Nagaoka , C. Takahashi , M. Kojima , H. Nakano , S. Ohsima , S. Nishimura , M. Isobe , C. Suzuki , T. Akiyama , K. Ida , K. Toi , S.-I. Itoh , and P. H. Diamond , Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 165002 (2004).
9. M. Raffel , C. E. Willert , S. Wereley , and J. Kompenhans , Particle Image Velocimetry ( Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1998).
16. S. J. Zweben , J. L. Terry , B. LaBombard , M. Agostini , M. Greenwald , O. Grulke , J. W. Hughes , D. A. D'Ippolito , S. I. Krasheninnikov , J. R. Myra , D. A. Russell , D. P. Stotler , and M. Umansky , J. Nucl. Mater. 415, S463 (2011).
18. I. Cziegler , P. H. Diamond , N. Fedorczak , P. Manz , G. R. Tynan , M. Xu , R. M. Churchill , A. E. Hubbard , B. Lipschultz , J. M. Sierchio , J. L. Terry , and C. Theiler , Phys. Plasmas 20, 055904 (2013).
19. P. Manz , J. E. Boom , E. Wolfrum , G. Birkenmeier , I. G. J. Classen , N. C. Luhmann, Jr. , U. Stroth , and the ASDEX Upgrade Team, Plasma Phys. Controlled Fusion 56, 035010 (2014).
20. G. R. McKee , R. J. Fonck , D. K. Gupta , D. J. Schlossberg , M. W. Shafer , C. Holland , and G. R. Tynan , Rev. Sci. Instrum. 75, 3490 (2004).
32. A. Papoulis , The Fourier Integral and its Applications ( McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1962).
33. C. Brandt , O. Grulke , T. Klinger , J. Negrete, Jr. , G. Bousselin , F. Brochard , G. Bonhomme , and S. Oldenbürger , Phys. Rev. E 84, 056405 (2011).
42. S. C. Thakur , D. McCarren , T. Lee , N. Fedorczak , P. Manz , E. E. Scime , G. R. Tynan , M. Xu , and J. H. Yu , Rev. Sci. Instrum. 83, 10D708 (2012).
Article metrics loading...
Complexities of flow patterns in the azimuthal cross-section of a cylindrical
magnetized helicon plasma and the corresponding plasma dynamics are investigated by means
of a novel scheme for time delay estimation velocimetry. The advantage of this introduced method is the
capability of calculating the time-averaged 2D velocity fields of propagating wave-like structures and
patterns in complex spatiotemporal data. It is able to distinguish and visualize the
details of simultaneously present superimposed entangled dynamics and it can be applied to
fluid-like systems exhibiting frequently repeating patterns (e.g., waves in plasmas,
waves in fluids,
dynamics in planetary atmospheres, etc.). The velocity calculations are based on time delay estimation
obtained from cross-phase analysis of time series. Each velocity vector is
unambiguously calculated from three time series measured at three different non-collinear spatial points.
This method, when applied to fast imaging, has been crucial to understand the rich plasma
dynamics in the azimuthal cross-section of a cylindrical linear magnetized helicon plasma.
The capabilities and the limitations of this velocimetry method are discussed and demonstrated for two
completely different plasma regimes, i.e., for quasi-coherent wave dynamics and for complex
dynamics involving simultaneously present multiple instabilities.
Full text loading...
Most read this month