No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Development of nondestructive non-contact acousto-thermal evaluation technique for damage detection in materials
1. W. T. Thomson, Q. J. Pure Appl. Math. 1, 57 (1857).
2. N. Harwood and W. M. Cummings, Thermoelastic Stress Analysis (Adam Hilger, New York, 1991).
3. G. Caglioti, “The thermo-elastic effect: Statistical mechanics and thermodynamics of the elastic deformation,” in Mechanical and Thermal Behavior of Metallic Materials, edited by G. Caglioti and A. F. Milone (North-Holland, New York, 1982).
9. E. G. Henneke II, K. L. Reifsnider, and W. W. Stinchcomb, J. Metals 31, 11 (1979).
10. K. L. Reifsnider, E. G. Henneke, and W. W. Stinchcomb, “The mechanics of vibrothermography,” in Mechanics of Nondestructive Testing, edited by W. W. Stinchcomb (Plenum, New York, 1980), pp. 249–276.
13. D. Mayton and E. Lindgren, “Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) Technology Initiatives Program (NTIP) Delivery Order 0029: Advanced Thermosonic Methods (Sonic IR)” Air Force Research Laboratory Technical Report, AFRL-ML-WP-TM-2004-4141 (2003).
15. A. Shyam, C. J. Torbet, S. K. Jha, J. M. Larsen, M. J. Caton, C. J. Szczepanski, T. M. Pollock, and J. W. Jones, “Development of ultrasonic fatigue for rapid, high temperature fatigue studies in turbine engine materials,” in Superalloys 2004, edited by K. A. Green, T. M. Pollock, H. Harada, T. E. Howson, R. C. Reed, J. J. Schirra, and S. Walston (TMS, Warrendale, PA, 2006), pp. 259–268.
16. C. Bathais and P. C. Paris, Giga Cycle fatigue in Mechanical Practice (Marcel Dekker, New York, 2005).
17. P. Bajons, K. Kromp, W. Kromp, H. Langer, B. Weiss, and R. Stickler, in Ultrasonics International 1975; Proceedings of the Eleventh Conference (IPC Science and Technology Press, London, 1975), pp. 95–101.
18. H. Roser, N. Meyndorf, S. Sathish, and T. E. Matikas, in Nondestructive Methods for Materials Characterization, edited by G. Y. Baaklini, N. Meyndorf, T. E. Matikas, and R. S. Gilmore (Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., Warrendale, 2000), Vol. 591, pp. 73–78.
20. S. Suresh, Fatigue of Materials (Cambridge University Press, New York, 2002).
21. W. Grafe, Time-dependant Mechanical Properties of Solids (Trans. Tech. Pub., Enfield, NH, 2008).
22. A. S. Nowick and B. S. Berry, Anelastic Relaxation in Crystalline solids (Academic, New York, 1972).
23. D. P. Almond and P. Patel, Photo-thermal Science and Techniques (Chapman & Hall, New York, 1996).
25. A. Mandelis, “Nondestructive evaluation,” in Photothermal and Photoacoustics Science and Technology (PTR Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1993), Vol. 2.
26. J. McKelvie and A. K. MacKenzie, “Signal attenuation due to internal and external factors,” in Thermoelastic Stress Analysis, edited by N. Harwood and W. M. Cummings (Adam Hilger, New York, 1991), pp. 85–104.
28. Y. Li, D. Pan, C. Yang, and Y. Luo, “NETD test of high-sensitivity infrared camera,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Advanced Optical Manufacturing and Testing Technologies: Optical Test and Measurement Technology and Equipment, edited by J. Pan, J. C. Wyant, and H. Wang, Proc. SPIE 6723, 67233 (2007).
29. Y. Zhao, J. Choi, R. Horowitz, A. Majumdar, J. Kitching, and P. Norton, “Characterization and performance of optomechanical uncooled infrared imaging system,” in Infrared Technology and Applications XXVIII, edited by F. B. Andresen, G. F. Fulop, and M. Strojnik, Proc. SPIE 4820, 164–170 (2003).
31. X. P. Maldague, Theory and Practice of Infrared Technology for Nondestructive Testing (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2001).
32. Nondestructive Handbook, Infrared and Thermal Testing, 3rd ed., edited by X. Maldague and P. O. Moore (ASNT, Columbus, OH, 2001), Vol. 3, p. 718.
33. S. Shepard, Mater. Eval. 57, 460 (2006).
34. P. Bison and E. Grinzato, “Building material characterization by using IR thermography for efficient heating systems,” in Thermosense XXX, edited by P. V. Vavilov and D. D. Burleigh, Proc. SPIE 6939, 69390Y (2008).
35. J. L. S. Maurer, “Characterization of Accumulated Fatigue Damage in Ti-6Al-4V Plate Materials Using Transmission Electron Microscopy and Nonlinear Acoustics,” Dissertation (University of Dayton, Dayton, OH, 2001).
38. G. Grimvall, Thermophysical Properties of Materials (Elsevier, 1999).
40. A. V. Granato and K. Lucke, in Physical Acoustics, IVA, edited by W. P. Mason (Academic, New York, 1966), p. 225.
45. M. S. Blanter, I. S. Golovin, H. Neuhauser, and H. R. Sinning, Internal Friction in Metallic Materials (Springer, New York, 2007).
46. H. McShanem, R. Cramer, K. Miller, T. Stephens, M. Nadler, and R. Yee, 42nd International SAMPE Symposium Proc., 890 (1997).
49. G. A. Schoeppner, G. P. Tandon, and K. V. Pochiraju, “Predicting thermo-oxidative degradation and performance of high temperature polymer matrix composites,” in Multiscale Modeling and Simulation of Composite Materials and Structures, edited by Y. Kwon, D. Allen, and R. Talreja (Springer Verlag, New York, 2006) p. 359.
52. J. Welter, S. Sathish, E. Ripberger, and E. Lindgren, Mater. Eval. 65, 823 (2007).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month