No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Neutron resonance spin flippers: Static coils manufactured by electrical discharge machining
6. M. Köppe, M. Bleuel, R. Gähler, R. Golub, P. Hank, T. Keller, S. Longeville, U. Rauch, and J. Wuttke, Phys. B: Condens. Matter 266, 75 (1999).
7. S. Klimko, C. Stadler, P. Böni, R. Currat, F. Demmel, B. Fåk, R. Gähler, F. Mezei, and B. Toperverg, Phys. B: Condens. Matter 335, 188 (2003).
9. Y. Kawabata, M. Hino, M. Kitaguchi, H. Hayashida, S. Tasaki, T. Ebisawa, D. Yamazaki, R. Maruyama, H. Seto, M. Nagao, and T. Kanaya, Phys. B: Condens. Matter 385–386(Pt. 2), 1122 (2006).
12. T. Keller, “Höchstauflösende Neutronenspektrometer auf der Basis von Spinflippern - neue Varianten des Spinecho-Prinzips,” Ph.D. thesis (Technische Universität München, 1993).
13. S. Klimko, “ZETA, A zero field spin echo method for very high resolution study of elementary excitations and first application,” Ph.D. thesis (Technische Univerität, Berlin, 2003).
15. M. Bleuel, “Aufbau des Resonanz-Spinecho-Spektrometers RESEDA am FRM-II,” Ph.D. thesis (Technische Universität, München, 2003).
21.Under the condition , only the component that rotates in the same direction as the Larmor precession of the neutron spin in the static field is relevant to the resonant π-flip and can be neglected. This is the so-called rotating wave approximation.
22.The model presented in Sec. II is derived in a semi-classical approach and can adequately describe the functioning of a RFSF. However, a full quantum approach yields further interesting insight into the NRSE technique which are out of the scope of this paper. Interested readers can find a thorough description of the interaction between a plane polarized wave and time-dependent magnetic fields30 and the formal solution of the so-called Krüger problem in the literature.31,32
24. W. Häussler, “Weiterentwicklung, Aufbau un Test eines Resonanzspinecho-Spektrometers zum Einsatz eines Multidetektors,” Ph.D. thesis (Ruprecht-Karls-Univerität, Heidelberg, 1998).
26. J. Kindervater, “High resolution study of the critical dynamics in Mn1-xFexSi (0 < x < 0.12) by the MIEZE technique,” (unpublished).
Article metrics loading...
Radiofrequency spin flippers (RFSF) are key elements of Neutron Resonance Spin Echo (NRSE) spectrometers, which allow performing controlled manipulations of the beam polarization. We report on the design and test of a new type of RFSF which originality lies in the new manufacturing technique for the static coil. The largely automated procedure ensures reproducible construction as well as an excellent homogeneity of the neutron magnetic resonance condition over the coil volume. Two salient features of this concept are the large neutron window and the closure of the coil by a μ-metal yoke which prevents field leakage outside of the coil volume. These properties are essential for working with large beams and enable new applications with coils tilted with respect to the beam axis such as neutron Larmor diffraction or the study of dispersive excitations by inelastic NRSE.
Full text loading...
Most read this month