No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
The ReactorSTM: Atomically resolved scanning tunneling microscopy under high-pressure, high-temperature catalytic reaction conditions
1. M. Bowker, The Basis and Applications of Heterogeneous Catalysis (Oxford Chemistry Primers, 1998).
2. G. A. Somorjai, Introduction to Surface Chemistry and Catalysis (Wiley, New York, 1993).
4. M. D. Ackermann, T. M. Pedersen, B. L. M. Hendriksen, O. Robach, S. C. Bobaru, I. Popa, C. Quiros, H. Kim, B. Hammer, S. Ferrer, and J. W. M. Frenken, Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 255505 (2005).
6. R. Westerström, J. Gustafson, A. Resta, A. Mikkelsen, J. N. Andersen, E. Lundgren, N. Serianr, F. Mittendorfer, M. Schmid, J. Klikovits, P. Varga, M. D. Ackermann, J. W. M. Frenken, N. Kasper, and A. Stierle, Phys. Rev. B 76, 155410 (2007).
9. R. van Rijn, M. D. Ackermann, O. Balmes, T. Dufrance, H. Gonzalez, H. Isern, L. Petit, V. A. Sole, D. Wermeille, R. Felici, A. Geluk, E. De Kuyper, and J. W. M. Frenken, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 81, 014101 (2010).
12. E. Lægsgaard, L. Österlund, P. Thostrup, P. B. Rasmussen, I. Stensgaard, and F. Besenbacher, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 72(9), 3537 (2001).
15. S. B. Roobol, M. E. Cañas-Ventura, M. Bergman, M. A. van Spronsen, W. Onderwaater, P. C. van der Tuijn, R. Koehler, A. Ofitserov, G. J. C. van Baarle, and J. W. M. Frenken, “The ReactorAFM: Non-Contact Atomic Force Microscope operating under high-pressure and high temperature catalytic conditions” (unpublished).
16. C. J. Chen, Introduction to Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (Oxford University Press, 1993).
17. M. S. Hoogeman, D. Glastra van Loon, R. W. M. Loos, H. G. Ficke, E. de Haas, J. J. van der Linden, H. Zeijlemaker, L. Kuipers, M. F. Chang, M. A. J. Klik, and J. W. M. Frenken, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 69, 2072 (1998).
19.UHV gate valve series 10, VAT Inc.
20.VacIon Plus 150/300 StarCell Combination Pump, Agilent Technologies.
21.Turbo-molecular pump TPH 261PC in combination with DUO 20 MC, Pfeiffer Vacuum.
22.Pneumatic Vibration Isolators, Newport Corporation.
23.Model IG70, OCI Vacuum Micro-engineering.
24.Mini e-beam evaporator EGCO4, Oxford Applied Research.
25.SpectaLEED, Omicron NanoTechnology GmbH.
26.ALV, Leiden Probe Microscopy B.V.
27.Focus 500 x-ray source, Phoibos 100 analyzer, 2D CCD detector, Flood gun FG15/40, SPECS Surface Nano Analysis GmbH.
30.SmCo magnet, IBS Magnet.
33.Video Rate SPM Controller, Leiden Probe Microscopy B.V.
34. M. Rost, L. Crama, P. Schakel, E. van Tol, G. van Velzen-Williams, C. Overgauw, H. ter Horst, H. Dekker, B. Okhuijsen, M. Seynen, A. Vijftigschild, P. Han, A. J. Katan, K. Schoots, R. Schumm, W. van Loo, T. H. Oosterkamp, and J. W. M. Frenken, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 76, 053710 (2005).
35.F-201CV EL-flow and P-702CV EL-press, Bronkhorst High-Tech B.V.
36.T100 gas analyzer, Leiden Probe Microscopy B.V.
Article metrics loading...
To enable atomic-scale observations of model catalysts under conditions approaching those used by the chemical industry, we have developed a second generation, high-pressure, high-temperature scanning tunneling microscope (STM): the ReactorSTM. It consists of a compact STM scanner, of which the tip extends into a 0.5 ml reactor flow-cell, that is housed in a ultra-high vacuum (UHV) system. The STM can be operated from UHV to 6 bars and from room temperature up to 600 K. A gas mixing and analysis system optimized for fast response times allows us to directly correlate the surface structure observed by STM with reactivity measurements from a mass spectrometer. The in situ STM experiments can be combined with ex situ UHV sample preparation and analysis techniques, including ion bombardment, thin film deposition, low-energy electron diffraction and x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. The performance of the instrument is demonstrated by atomically resolved images of Au(111) and atom-row resolution on Pt(110), both under high-pressure and high-temperature conditions.
Full text loading...
Most read this month