The highest award of the American Institute of Physics, the Karl Taylor Compton GoldMedal for Distinguished Service in the Advancement of Physics, was presented in January to Henry A. Barton, director emeritus of the Institute. Dr. Barton, one of the founders of the AIP and its first director, served as the organization's administrative head from the time of its establishment in 1931 until 1957, when he retired. As director emeritus, he continues to serve the Institute as a consultant.
- AIP Publishing
- AVS: Science & Technology of Materials, Interfaces, and Processing
- Acoustical Society of America
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- American Association of Physics Teachers
- American Crystallographic Association, Inc.
- Chinese Physical Society
- Chinese Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Laser Institute of America
- The Society of Rheology
- Free Content
- Open Access Content
- Subscribed Content
- Free Trial Content