- Conference date: 26–30 December 2010
- Location: Manipal, (India)
A novel biopolymer based Semi‐IPN of polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) and polycrylonitrile (PAN) were synthesized in various proportions by redox polymerization and analyzed thermally by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). DSC thermograms shows good thermal stability, as a result of incorporation of acrylonitrile as the second network. The structural and morphological study of these semi‐IPNs by FTIR and XRD technique, respectively, were correlated. The approach seems to be beneficial for various biomedical applications.
- Differential scanning calorimeters
- X-ray diffraction
- Differential thermal analysis
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy
Data & Media loading...
Article metrics loading...