Thickness evaluation of ultrathin gate oxides at the limit
- Conference date: 23-27 March 1998
- Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland (USA)
The thickness of ultrathin gate oxides thinner than 10 nm were analyzed with Medium Energy Ion Scattering Spectroscopy (MEIS), High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy (HRTEM) and Spectroscopic Ellipsometry (SE). MEIS showed the presence of a 1.3 nm transition interlayer between and Si substrate. For an ultrathin gate oxide, the thickness values estimated with MEIS, TEM, and SE were 6.2 nm, 7.3 nm and 6.7 nm, respectively. The discrepancies and the complimentary features were discussed.
- Electron spectroscopy
- High resolution spectroscopy
- High resolution transmission electron microscopy
- Ion scattering
- Spectrum analysis
- Transmission electron microscopy
MOST READ THIS MONTH
MOST CITED THIS MONTH
Article metrics loading...