No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Mechanisms underlying the detection of frequency modulation
1. Baker, R. J. , and Rosen, S. (2006). “Auditory filter nonlinearity across frequency using simultaneous notched-noise masking,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 119, 454–462.
4. Glasberg, B. R. , and Moore, B. C. J. (2000). “Frequency selectivity as a function of level and frequency measured with uniformly exciting notched noise,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 108, 2318–2328.
5. Goldstein, J. L. , and Srulovicz, P. (1977). “Auditory-nerve spike intervals as an adequate basis for aural frequency measurement,” in Psychophysics and Physiology of Hearing, edited by E. F. Evans and J. P. Wilson (Academic, London), pp. 337–346.
6. Greenish, H. , Moore, B. C. J. , and Stone, M. A. (2007). “The surprising lack of effect of added AM on low-rate FM detection at high carrier frequencies,” Int. J. Audiol. 46, 646–647.
7. Johnson, D. H. (1980). “The relationship between spike rate and synchrony in responses of auditory-nerve fibers to single tones,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 68, 1115–1122.
8. Keppel, G. (1991). Design and Analysis: A Researcher’s Handbook (Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ), pp. 170–172.
10. Moore, B. C. J. , and Glasberg, B. R. (1987). “Formulae describing frequency selectivity as a function of frequency and level and their use in calculating excitation patterns,” Hear. Res. 28, 209–225.
11. Moore, B. C. J. , and Glasberg, B. R. (1989). “Mechanisms underlying the frequency discrimination of pulsed tones and the detection of frequency modulation,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 86, 1722–1732.
12. Moore, B. C. J. , and Sek, A. (1994). “Effects of carrier frequency and background noise on the detection of mixed modulation,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 96, 741–751.
13. Moore, B. C. J. , and Sek, A. (1995). “Effects of carrier frequency, modulation rate and modulation waveform on the detection of modulation and the discrimination of modulation type (AM vs FM),” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 97, 2468–2478.
14. Moore, B. C. J. , and Sek, A. (1996). “Detection of frequency modulation at low modulation rates: Evidence for a mechanism based on phase locking,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 100, 2320–2331.
15. Nelson, D. A. , and Freyman, R. L. (1986). “Psychometric functions for frequency discrimination from listeners with sensorineural hearing loss,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 79, 799–805.
16. Oxenham, A. J. , and Shera, C. A. (2003). “Estimates of human cochlear tuning at low levels using forward and simultaneous masking,” J. Assoc. Res. Otolaryngol. 4, 541–554.
17. Palmer, A. R. , and Russell, I. J. (1986). “Phase-locking in the cochlear nerve of the guinea-pig and its relation to the receptor potential of inner hair-cells,” Hear. Res. 24, 1–15.
18. Patterson, R. D. , Allerhand, M. H. , and Giguère, C. (1995). “Time-domain modeling of peripheral auditory processing: A modular architecture and a software platform,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 98, 1890–1894.
19. Sek, A. , and Moore, B. C. J. (1995). “Frequency discrimination as a function of frequency, measured in several ways,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 97, 2479–2486.
20. Shailer, M. J. , and Moore, B. C. J. (1987). “Gap detection and the auditory filter: Phase effects using sinusoidal stimuli,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 81, 1110–1117.
21. Shera, C. A. , Guinan, J. J. , Jr., and Oxenham, A. J. (2002). “Revised estimates of human cochlear tuning from otoacoustic and behavioral measurements,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99, 3318–3323.
22. Unoki, M. , Irino, T. , Glasberg, B. R. , Moore, B. C. J. , and Patterson, R. D. (2006). “Comparison of the roex and gammachirp filters as representations of the auditory filter,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 120, 1474–1492.
23. Wakefield, G. H. , and Viemeister, N. F. (1990). “Discrimination of modulation depth of SAM noise,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 88, 1367–1373.
24. Zwicker, E. (1952). “Die Grenzen der Hörbarkeit der Amplitudenmodulation und der Frequenzmodulation eines Tones (The limits of audibility of amplitude modulation and frequency modulation of a pure tone),” Acustica 2, 125–133.
25. Zwicker, E. (1956). “Die elementaren Grundlagen zur Bestimmung der Informationskapazität des Gehörs (The foundations for determining the information capacity of the auditory system),” Acustica 6, 356–381.
26. Zwislocki, J. J. , and Nguyen, N. (1999). “Place code for pitch: A necessary revision,” Acta Otolaryngol. 119, 140–145.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month