No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Long-range multi-carrier acoustic communications in shallow water based on iterative sparse channel estimation
1. A. Bahai and B. Saltzberg , Multi-Carrier Digital Communications: Theory and Applications of OFDM (Springer, New York, 1999), pp. 1–436.
2. S. Mason , C. Berger , S. Zhou , and P. Willett , “Detection, synchronization, and Doppler scale estimation with multicarrier waveforms in underwater acoustic communication,” IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun. 26, 1638–1649 (2008).
3. T. Kang and R. Iltis , “Iterative carrier frequency offset and channel estimation for underwater acoustic OFDM systems,” IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun. 26, 1650–1661 (2008).
4. C. Berger , S. Zhou , J. Preisig , and P. Willett , “Sparse channel estimation for multicarrier underwater acoustic communication: From subspace methods to compressed sensing,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process. 58, 1708–1721 (2010).
5. B. Li , S. Zhou , M. Stojanovic , L. Freitag , and P. Willett , “Multicarrier communication over underwater acoustic channels with nonuniform Doppler shifts,” IEEE J. Ocean Eng. 33, 198–209 (2008).
6. R. Gallager , “Low-density parity-check codes,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory 8, 21–28 (1962).
7. T. Kang and R. Iltis , “Matching pursuits channel estimation for an underwater acoustic OFDM modem,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP) (2008), pp. 5296–5299.
8. W. Li and J. C. Preisig , “Estimation of rapidly time-varying sparse channels,” IEEE J. Ocean Eng. 32, 927–939 (2007).
9. K. Tu , D. Fertonani , T. Duman , and P. Hursky , “Mitigation of intercarrier interference in OFDM systems over underwater acoustic channels,” in Proceedings of MTS/IEEE OCEANS, Vol. 1 (2009), pp. 1–6.
10. T. Kang , H. Song , and W. S. Hodgkiss , “OFDM underwater acoustic communications in KAM08,” in The 4th ACM International Workshop on UnderWater Networks (2009).
11. A. Song , M. Badiey , H. Song , and W. S. Hodgkiss , “Impact of source depth on coherent underwater acoustic communications (L),” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128, 555–558 (2010).
Article metrics loading...
Long-range orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) acoustic communications is demonstrated using data from the Kauai Acomms MURI 2008 (KAM08) experiment carried out in about 106 m deep shallow water west of Kauai, HI, in June 2008. The source bandwidth was 8 kHz (12–20 kHz), and the data were received by a 16-element vertical array at a distance of 8 km. Iterative sparse channel estimation is applied in conjunction with low-density parity-check decoding. In addition, the impact of diversity combining in a highly inhomogeneous underwater environment is investigated. Error-free transmission using 16-quadtrative amplitude modulation is achieved at a data rate of 10 kb/s.
Full text loading...
Most read this month