No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Toneburst-evoked auditory brainstem response in a leopard seal, Hydrurga leptonyx
1. Andrew, R. K. , Howe, B. M. , Mercer, J. A. , and Dzieciuch, M. A. (2002). “Ocean ambient sound: Comparing the 1960s with the 1990s for a receiver off the California coast,” ARLO 3, 65–70.
2. Bornemann, H. , Kindermann, L. , Plötz, J. , and Bester, M. N. (2007). “Audiometric procedures in yearling southern elephant seals of Marion Island,” in 17th Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals, Cape Town, South Africa.
3. Burkard, R. F. , Eggermont, J. J. , and Don, M. (2007). Auditory Evoked Potentials Basic Principles and Clinical Application (Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia), pp. 1–104.
4. Cook, M. L. H. , Varela, R. A. , Goldstein, J. D. , McCulloch, S. D. , Bossart, G. D. , Finneran, J. J. , Houser, D. , and Mann, D. A. (2006). “Beaked whale auditory evoked potential hearing measurements,” J. Comp. Physiol., A 192, 489–495.
5. Erickson, A. W. , Siniff, D. B. , Cline, D. R. , and Hofman, R. J. (1971). “Distributional ecology of Antarctic seals,” in Symposium on Antarctic Ice and Water Masses, edited by G. Deacon (Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research, Cambridge, UK), pp. 55–76.
6. Fay, R. R. (1988). Hearing in Vertebrates: A Psychophysics Databook (Hill-Fay Associates, Winnetka, IL), pp. 1–621.
7. Hall, J. W. (2007). New Handbook of Auditory Evoked Responses (University of Florida, Allyn & Bacon, Boston), pp. 633–634.
8. Higgins, D. H. , Rogers, T. L. , Irvine, A. D. , and Hall-Aspland, S. A. (2002). “Use of Midazolam/Pethidine and Tiletamine/Zolazepam combinations for the chemical restraint of leopard seals (Hydrurga leptonyx),” Marine Mammal Sci. 18(2), 483–499.
9. Houser, D. , Crocker, D. E. , and Finneran, J. J. (2008). “Click-evoked potentials in a large marine mammal, the adult male northern elephant seal (Mirounga angustirostris) (L),” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 124 (1), 44–47.
10. Houser, D. Crocker, D. E. , Reichmuth, C. , Mulsow, J. , and Finneran, J. J. (2007). “Auditory evoked potentials in northern elephant seals (Mirounga angustirirostris),” Aquat. Mamm. 33(1), 110–121.
11. Hurley, R. M. , Hurley, A. , and Berlin, C. I. (2005). “Development of low-frequency tone burst versus the click auditory brainstem response,” J. Am. Acad. Audiol. 16, 114–121.
12.International Electrotechnical Commission. (1994). Electroacoustics—Audiological Equipment Part 3: Auditory Test Signals of Short Duration for Audiometric and Neuro-otological Purposes (IEC 60645-3, Geneva, Switzerland).
13. Kastak, D. , and Schusterman, R. J. (1999). “In-air underwater hearing sensitivity of a northern elephant seal (Mirounga angustirostris),” Can. J. Zool. 77, 1751–1758.
14. Kindermann, L. , Bornemann, H. , Plötz, J. , and Boebel, O. (2007). “Weddell seal audiometry,” in 21st Conference of the European Cetacean Society (ECS07), San Sebastian, Spain (April 23–25, 2007).
15. Manninen, P. H. , Lam, A. M. , and Nicholas, J. F. (1985). “The effects of isoflurane and isoflurane-nitrous oxide anaesthesia on brainstem auditory evoked potentials in humans,” Anesth. Analg. 64, 43–47.
17. M⊘ller, A. R. , Jannetta, P. J. , and M⊘ller, M. B. (1981). “Neural generators of brainstem evoked potentials results from human intracranial recordings,” Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 90, 591–596.
18. Nachtigall, P. E. , Supin, A. Y. , Amundin, M. , Röken, B. , M⊘ller, T. , Mooney, T. A. , Taylor, K. A. , and Yuen, M. (2007). “Polar bear Ursus maritimus hearing measured with auditory evoked potentials,” J. Exp. Biol. 210, 1116–1122.
19. Niedermeyer, E. , and Da Silva, F. (1999). Electroencephalography: Basic Principles, Clinical Applications and Related Fields (Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, MD), pp. 996–999.
20. Ponton, C. W. , Eggermont, J. J. , Coupland, S. G. , and Winkelaar, R. (1993). “The relation between head size and auditory brain-stem response interpeak latency maturation,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 94(4), 2149–2158.
21. Purdy, S. C. , and Kelly, A. S. (2008). “Auditory evoked response testing in infants and children,” in Pediatric Audiology: Diagnosis, Technology, and Management, edited by J. R. Madell and C. Flexer (Thieme, New York), pp. 132–144.
23. Rogers, T. L. , Cato, D. H. , and Bryden, M. M. (1995). “Underwater vocal repertoire of the leopard seal, (Hydrurga leptonyx), in Prydz Bay, Antarctica,” in Sensory Abilities of Aquatic Animals, edited by R. A. Kastelein, J. A. Thomas, and P. E. Nachtigall (DeSpil, Amsterdam), pp. 223–236.
25. Southwell, C. , Kerry, K. , Ensor, P. , Woehler, E. J. , and Rogers, T. (2003). “The timing of pupping by pack-ice seals in East Antarctica,” Polar Biol. 26, 648–652.
26. Southwell, C. , Paxton, C. , Borchers, D. , Boveng, P. Rogers, T. , and de la Mare, W. (2008). “Uncommon or cryptic? Challenges in estimating leopard seal abundance using conventional but state-of-the-art methods,” Deep-Sea Res., Part I 55(4), 519–531.
27. Stapells, D. R. (2010). “Frequency-specific threshold assessment in young infants using the transient ABR and the brainstem ASSR,” in Comprehensive Handbook of Pediatric Audiology, edited by R. C. Seewald and A. M. Tharpe (Plural Publishing, San Diego).
28. Thomas, J. A. , and Golladay, C. L. (1995). “Geographic variation in leopard seal (Hydrurga leptonyx) underwater vocalizations,” in Sensory Systems of Aquatic Mammals, edited by R. A. Kastelein, J. A. Thomas, and P. E. Nachtigall (De Spil Publishers, Woerden, The Netherlands), pp. 201–221.
29. van Opzeeland, I. , Van Parijs, S. M. , Bornemann, H. , Frickenhaus, S. , Kindermann, L. , Klinck, H. , Plötz, J. , and Boebel, O. (2010). “Acoustic ecology of Antarctic pinnipeds,” Mar. Ecol.: Prog. Ser. 414, 267–291.
30. Williams, W. (2010). The calculation of maximum permissible ambient noise levels for audiometric testing to a given threshold level with a specified uncertainty, Report No. 133 (National Acoustic Laboratories, Sydney, Australia).
31. Wolski, L. F. , Anderson, R. C. , Bowles, A. E. , and Yochem, P. K. (2003). “Measuring hearing in the harbor seal (Phoca vitulina): Comparison of behavioural and auditory brainstem response techniques,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 113(1), 629–637.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month