No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Temperature dependent ultrasonic characterization of biological media
1. C. A. Damianou, N. T. Sanghvi, F. J. Fry, and R. Maass-Moreno, “Dependence of ultrasonic attenuation and absorption in dog soft tissues on temperature and thermal dose,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 102, 628–634 (1997).
2. U. Techavipoo, T. Varghese, Q. Chen, T. A. Stiles, J. A. Zagzebski, and G. R. Frank, “Temperature dependence of ultrasonic propagation speed and attenuation in excised canine liver tissue measured using transmitted and reflected pulses,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 115, 2859–2865 (2004).
4. R. L. Nasoni, T. Bowen, W. G. Connor, and R. R. Sholes, “In vivo temperature dependence of ultrasound speed in tissue and its application to noninvasive temperature monitoring,” Ultrason. Imaging 1, 34–43 (1979).
5. S. A. Goss, R. L. Johnston, and F. Dunn, “Comprehensive compilation of empirical ultrasonic properties of mammalian tissue,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 64, 423–457 (1978).
6. P. M. Gammell, D. H. L. Croissette, and R. C. Heyser, “Temperature and frequency dependence of ultrasonic attenuation in selected tissues,” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 5, 269–277 (1979).
7. W. L. Straube and R. M. Arthur, “Theoretical estimation of the temperature dependence of backscattered ultrasonic power for noninvasive thermometry,” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 20, 915–922 (1994).
8. R. M. Arthur, W. L. Straube, J. D. Starman, and E. G. Moros, “Noninvasive temperature estimation based on the energy of backscattered ultrasound,” Med. Phys. 30, 1021–1029 (2003).
9. M. L. Oelze, J. F. Zachary, and W. D. O’Brien, Jr., “Parametric imaging of rat mammary tumors in vivo for the purpose of tissue characterization,” J. Ultrasound Med. 21, 1201–1210 (2002).
10. J. G. Miller, J. E. Perez, J. G. Mottley, E. I. Madaras, P. H. Johnston, E. D. Blodgett, L. J. Thomas III, and B. E. Sobel, “Myocardial tissue characterization: an approach based on quantitative backscatter and attenuation,” Ultrasonic Symp. Proc. 2, 782–793 (1983).
13. M. L. Oelze and W. D. O’Brien, Jr., “Application of three scattering models to the characterization of solid tumors in mice,” Ultrason. Imaging 28, 83–96 (2006).
15. M. L. Oelze, W. D. O’Brien, Jr., J. P. Blue, and J. F. Zachary, “Differentiation and characterization of rat mammary fibroadenomas and 4T1 mouse carcinomas using quantitative ultrasound imaging,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 23, 764–771 (2004).
16. G. J. Czarnota, M. C. Kolios, J. Abraham, M. Portnoy, F. P. Ottensmeyer, J. W. Hunt, and M. D. Sherar, “Ultrasonic imaging of apoptosis: high-resolution non-invasive imaging of programmed cell death in vitro, in situ and in vivo,” Br. J. Cancer 81, 520–527 (1999).
18. B. Banihashemi, R. Vlad, B. Debeljevic, A. Giles, M. C. Kolios, and G. J. Czarnota, “Ultrasound imaging of apoptosis in tumor response: Novel preclinical monitoring of photodynamic therapy effects,” Cancer Res. 68, 8590–8596 (2008).
19. R. M. Vlad, S. Brand, A. Giles, M. C. Kolios, and G. J. Czarnota, “Quantitative ultrasound characterization of responses to radiotherapy in cancer mouse models,” Clin. Cancer Res. 15, 2067–2075 (2009).
20. A. S. Tunis, G. J. Czarnota, A. Giles, M. D. Sherar, J. W. Hunt, and M. C. Kolios, “Monitoring structural changes with a scanning acoustic microscope system,” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 31, 1041–1049 (2005).
22. R. E. Baddour and M. C. Kolios, “The fluid and elastic nature of nucleated cells: Implications from the cellular backscatter response implications from the cellular backscatter response,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 121, EL16–EL22 (2007).
23. J. L. King, R. J. Miller, J. P. Blue, Jr., W. D. O’Brien, Jr., and J. W. Erdman, Jr., “Inadequate dietary magnesium intake increases atherosclerotic plaque development in rabbits,” Adv. Nutr. Res. 29, 343–349 (2009).
24. E. L. Madsen, F. Dong, G. R. Frank, B. S. Gara, K. A. Wear, T. Wilson, J. A. Zagzebski, H. L. Miller, K. K. Shung, S. H. Wang, E. J. Feleppa, T. Liu, W. D. O’Brien, Jr., K. A. Topp, N. T. Sanghvi, A. V. Zaitsen, T. J. Hall, J. B. Fowlkes, O. D. Kripfgans, and J. G. Miller, “Interlaboratory comparison of ultrasonic backscatter, attenuation and speed measurements,” J. Ultrasound Med. 18, 615–631 (1999).
25. M. F. Insana and T. J. Hall, “Parametric ultrasound imaging from backscatter coefficient measurements: Image formation and interpretation,” Ultrason. Imaging 12, 245–267 (1990).
26. M. Oelze, J. F. Zachary, and W. D. O’Brien, Jr., “Characterization of tissue microstructure using ultrasounic backscatter: Theory and technique for optimization using a gaussian form factor,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 112, 1202–1211 (2002).
27. S. Sapareto and W. Dewey, “Thermal dose determination in cancer therapy,” Int. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol., Phys. 10, 787–800 (1984).
28. L. A. Frizzell, E. L. Carstensen, and J. D. Davis, “Ultrasonic absorption in liver tissue,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 65, 1309–1312 (1979).
29. C. Simon, P. VanBaren, and E. S. Ebbibi, “Two-dimensional temperature estimation using diagnostic ultrasound,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelectr. Freq. Control 45, 1088–1099 (1998).
30. A. Anand, D. Savery, and C. Hall, “Three-dimensional spatial and temporal temperature imaging in gel phantoms using backscattered ultrasound,” IEEE Transaction Ultrason. Ferroelectr. Freq. Control 54, 23–31 (2007).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month