No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Ambient acceleration dependence of single-bubble sonoluminescence
1. D. F. Gaitan, “An experimental investigation of acoustic cavitation in gaseous liquids,” Ph.D dissertation, University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi, 1990.
4. D. Thiessen, B. Dzikowicz, and P. Marston, “Simultaneous video and light-emission records of single bubble sonoluminescence subjected to variable acceleration,” in Proceedings of 17th International Congress on Acoustics (2001), Vol. I.
5. T. Matula, V. Bezzerides, P. Hilmo, L. Couret, T. Olson, L. Crum, J. Swalwell, D. Kuhns, and R. Roy, “The effect of buoyancy on sonoluminesencing bubbles,” ARLO 1, 13–18 (2000).
6. S. C. Wyatt, “Sonoluminescence in a varying acceleration environment,” M. S. Thesis, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, 2000.
7. C. R. Thomas, “Design, fabrication and use of a KC-135 experiment for studying sonoluminescence,” M. S. thesis, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, 2003.
8. C. R. Thomas, “An experimental investigation of the dependence of sonoluminescence on ambient acceleration,” Ph.D Dissertation, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, 2004.
9. A. Eller and H. G. Flynn, “Rectified diffusion during nonlinear pulsations of cavitation bubbles,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 37, 493–503 (1965).
10. L. Kondic, C. Yuan, and C. Chan, “Ambient pressure and single-bubble sonoluminescence,” Phys. Rev. E 57, R32–R35 (1998).
13. C. Thomas, R. Roy, and R. Holt, “Bubble dynamics near the onset of single-bubble sonoluminescence,” Phys. Rev. E 70, 066301 (2004).
14.The acoustic pressure in the cell changed as the result of the change in loading of the transducer and cell as it experienced the different acceleration levels.
16. J. Magnaudet and D. Legendre, “The viscous drag force on a spherical bubble with a time-dependent radius,” Phys. Fluids 10, 550–554 (1998).
17. T. Matula, “Bubble levitation and translation under single-bubble sonoluminescence conditions,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 114, 775–781 (2003).
18. M. S. Plesset, “The dynamics of cavitation bubbles,” J. Appl. Mech. 16, 277–282 (1949).
19.This particular form of the equation as indicated in Ref. 18 is valid for a rectangular cell: the shape used in the current research.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month