No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Investigating acoustic correlates of human vocal fold vibratory phase asymmetry through modeling and laryngeal high-speed videoendoscopya)
2. Boersma, P. , and Weenink, D. (2009). “Praat: Doing phonetics by computer (version 5.1.40) [computer program],” http://www.praat.org (Last viewed July 13, 2009).
4. Bonilha, H. S. , Gerlach, T. T. , Whiteside, J. P. , and Deliyski, D. D. (2011). “Vocal fold phase asymmetries in patients with voice disorders: A study across visualization techniques,” Am. J. Speech Lang. Pathol. (in press).
5. Cook, D. D. , Nauman, E. , and Mongeau, L. (2009). “Ranking vocal fold model parameters by their influence on modal frequencies,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 126, 2002–2010.
7. Deliyski, D. D. , and Petrushev, P. (2003). “Methods for objective assessment of high-speed videoendoscopy,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Quantitative Laryngology, Vol. 1(28), pp. 1–16.
8. Deliyski, D. D. , Petrushev, P. P. , Bonilha, H. S. , Gerlach, T. T. , Martin-Harris, B. , and Hillman, R. E. (2008). “Clinical implementation of laryngeal high-speed videoendoscopy: Challenges and evolution,” Folia Phoniatr. Logop. 60, 33–44.
10. Doval, B. , and d’Alessandro, C. (2006). “The spectrum of glottal flow models,” Acta Acust. Acust. 92, 1026–1046.
11. Erath, B. D. , Peterson, S. D. , Zañartu, M. , Wodicka, G. R. , and Plesniak, M. W. (2011). “A theoretical model of the pressure field arising from asymmetric intraglottal flows applied to a two-mass model of the vocal folds,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 130, 389–403.
14. Hanson, H. M. , and Chuang, E. S. (1999). “Glottal characteristics of male speakers: Acoustic correlates and comparison with female data,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 106, 1064–1077.
15. Holmberg, E. B. , Hillman, R. E. , and Perkell, J. S. (1988). “Glottal airflow and transglottal air pressure measurements for male and female speakers in soft, normal, and loud voice,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 84, 511–529.
16. Holmberg, E. B. , Hillman, R. E. , Perkell, J. S. , Guiod, P. C. , and Goldman, S. L. (1995). “Comparisons among aerodynamic, electroglottographic, and acoustic spectral measures of female voice,” J. Speech Hear. Res. 38, 1212–1223.
17. Iseli, M. , Shue, Y.-L. , and Alwan, A. (2007). “Age, sex, and vowel dependencies of acoustic measures related to the voice source,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 121, 2283–2295.
18. Ishizaka, K. , and Flanagan, J. L. (1972). “Synthesis of voiced sounds from a two-mass model of the vocal cords,” Bell Syst. Tech. J. 51, 1233–1268.
19. Ishizaka, K. , and Isshiki, N. (1976). “Computer simulation of pathological vocal-cord vibration,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 60, 1193–1198.
20. Jiang, J. J. , and Zhang, Y. (2002). “Chaotic vibration induced by turbulent noise in a two-mass model of vocal folds,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 112, 2127–2133.
21. Khosla, S. , Murugappan, S. , and Gutmark, E. (2008). “What can vortices tell us about vocal fold vibration and voice production,” Curr. Opin. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 16, 183–187.
22. Khosla, S. , Murugappan, S. , Paniello, R. , Ying, J. , and Gutmark, E. (2009). “Role of vortices in voice production: Normal versus asymmetric tension,” Laryngoscope 119, 216–221.
23. Lohscheller, J. , Döllinger, M. , McWhorter, A. J. , and Kunduk, M. (2008a). “Preliminary study on the quantitative analysis of vocal loading effects on vocal fold dynamics using phonovibrograms,” Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 117, 484–493.
24. Lohscheller, J. , Eysholdt, U. , Toy, H. , and Döllinger, M. (2008b). “Phonovibrography: Mapping high-speed movies of vocal fold vibrations into 2-D diagrams for visualizing and analyzing the underlying laryngeal dynamics,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 27, 300–309.
26. Mehta, D. D. (2010). “Impact of human vocal fold vibratory asymmetries on acoustic characteristics of sustained vowel phonation,” Doctoral dissertation, Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.
27. Mehta, D. D. , Deliyski, D. D. , Quatieri, T. F. , and Hillman, R. E. (2011). “Automated measurement of vocal fold vibratory asymmetry from high-speed videoendoscopy recordings,” J. Speech. Lang. Hear. Res. 54, 47–54.
28. Mehta, D. D. , Deliyski, D. D. , Zeitels, S. M. , Quatieri, T. F. , and Hillman, R. E. (2010). “Voice production mechanisms following phonosurgical treatment of early glottic cancer,” Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 119, 1–9.
29. Mehta, D. D. , and Hillman, R. E. (2008). “Voice assessment: Updates on perceptual, acoustic, aerodynamic, and endoscopic imaging methods,” Curr. Opin. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 16, 211–215.
30. Murugappan, S. , Khosla, S. , Casper, K. , Oren, L. , and Gutmark, E. (2009). “Flow fields and acoustics in a unilateral scarred vocal fold model,” Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 118, 44–50.
32. Pelorson, X. , Hirschberg, A. , van Hassel, R. R. , Wijnands, A. P. J. , and Auregan, Y. (1994). “Theoretical and experimental study of quasisteady-flow separation within the glottis during phonation: Application to a modified two-mass model,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 96, 3416–3431.
33. Qiu, Q. , Schutte, H. K. , Gu, L. , and Yu, Q. (2003). “An automatic method to quantify the vibration properties of human vocal folds via videokymography,” Folia Phoniatr. Logop. 55, 128–136.
34. Schwarz, R. , Hoppe, U. , Schuster, M. , Wurzbacher, T. , Eysholdt, U. , and Lohscheller, J. (2006). “Classification of unilateral vocal fold paralysis by endoscopic digital high-speed recordings and inversion of a biomechanical model,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. 53, 1099–1108.
36. Story, B. H. , and Titze, I. R. (1995). “Voice simulation with a body-cover model of the vocal folds,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 97, 1249–1260.
46. Švec, J. G. , Šram, F. , and Schutte, H. K. (2007). “Videokymography in voice disorders: What to look for?” Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 116, 172–180.
37. Takemoto, H. , Honda, K. , Masaki, S. , Shimada, Y. , and Fujimoto, I. (2006). “Measurement of temporal changes in vocal tract area function from 3D cine-MRI data,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 119, 1037–1049.
38. Tao, C. , Zhang, Y. , Hottinger, D. G. , and Jiang, J. J. (2007). “Asymmetric airflow and vibration induced by the Coanda effect in a symmetric model of the vocal folds,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 122, 2270–2278.
39. Titze, I. , Riede, T. , and Popolo, P. (2008). “Nonlinear source-filter coupling in phonation: Vocal exercises,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 123, 1902–1915.
40. Titze, I. R. (1984). “Parameterization of the glottal area, glottal flow, and vocal fold contact area,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 75, 570–580.
41. Titze, I. R. (2002). “Regulating glottal airflow in phonation: Application of the maximum power transfer theorem to a low dimensional phonation model,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 111, 367–376.
44.van den Berg, J. (1958). “Myoelastic-aerodynamic theory of voice production,” J. Speech Hear. Res. 1, 227–244.
45. Verdonck-de Leeuw, I. M. , Festen, J. M. , and Mahieu, H. F. (2001). “Deviant vocal fold vibration as observed during videokymography: The effect on voice quality,” J. Voice 15, 313–322.
47. Weibel, E. R. (1963). Morphometry of the Human Lung, 1st ed. (Springer, New York), p. 139.
48. Wurzbacher, T. , Schwarz, R. , Döllinger, M. , Hoppe, U. , Eysholdt, U. , and Lohscheller, J. (2006). “Model-based classification of nonstationary vocal fold vibrations,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 120, 1012–1027.
49. Xue, Q. , Mittal, R. , Zheng, X. , and Bielamowicz, S. (2010). “A computational study of the effect of vocal-fold asymmetry on phonation,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128, 818–827.
50. Zañartu, M. (2010). “Acoustic coupling in phonation and its effect on inverse filtering of oral airflow and neck surface acceleration,” Doctoral dissertation, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
51. Zañartu, M. , Mehta, D. D. , Ho, J. C. , Wodicka, G. R. , and Hillman, R. E. (2011). “Observation and analysis of in vivo vocal fold tissue instabilities produced by nonlinear source-filter coupling: A case study,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 129, 326–339.
52. Zañartu, M. , Mongeau, L. , and Wodicka, G. R. (2007). “Influence of acoustic loading on an effective single mass model of the vocal folds,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 121, 1119–1129.
53. Zeitels, S. M. , Blitzer, A. , Hillman, R. E. , and Anderson, R. R. (2007). “Foresight in laryngology and laryngeal surgery: A 2020 vision,” Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. Suppl. 116, 1–16.
54. Zhang, Y. , Tao, C. , and Jiang, J. J. (2006). “Parameter estimation of an asymmetric vocal-fold system from glottal area time series using chaos synchronization,” Chaos 16, 023118.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month