No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The influence of age and high-frequency hearing loss on sensitivity to temporal fine structure at low frequencies (L)
1. British Society of Audiology (2004). Pure Tone Air and Bone Conduction Threshold Audiometry With and Without Masking and Determination of Uncomfortable Loudness Levels (British Society of Audiology, Reading, UK).
5. Hafter, E. R. , and Carrier, S. C. (1972). “Binaural interaction in low-frequency stimuli: the inability to trade time and intensity completely,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 51, 1852–1862.
6. Hopkins, K. , and Moore, B. C. J. (2007). “Moderate cochlear hearing loss leads to a reduced ability to use temporal fine structure information,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 122, 1055–1068.
7. Hopkins, K. , and Moore, B. C. J. (2010a). “Development of a fast method for measuring sensitivity to temporal fine structure information at low frequencies,” Int. J. Audiol. 49, 940–946.
8. Hopkins, K. , and Moore, B. C. J. (2010b). “The importance of temporal fine structure information in speech at different spectral regions for normal-hearing and hearing-impaired subjects,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 127, 1595–1608.
9. Hopkins, K. , and Moore, B. C. J. (2011). “The effects of age and cochlear hearing loss on temporal fine structure sensitivity, frequency selectivity, and speech reception in noise,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 130, 334–349.
10. Hopkins, K. , Moore, B. C. J. , and Stone, M. A. (2010). “The effects of the addition of low-level, low-noise noise on the intelligibility of sentences processed to remove temporal envelope information,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128, 2150–2161.
11. Lacher-Fougère, S. , and Demany, L. (2005). “Consequences of cochlear damage for the detection of interaural phase differences,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 118, 2519–2526.
12. Lorenzi, C. , Debruille, L. , Garnier, S. , Fleuriot, P. , and Moore, B. C. J. (2009). “Abnormal processing of temporal fine structure in speech for frequencies where absolute thresholds are normal,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 125, 27–30.
13. Lorenzi, C. , Gilbert, G. , Carn, C. , Garnier, S. , and Moore, B. C. J. (2006). “Speech perception problems of the hearing impaired reflect inability to use temporal fine structure,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 103, 18866–18869.
14. Moore, B. C. J. (2008). “The role of temporal fine structure processing in pitch perception, masking, and speech perception for normal-hearing and hearing-impaired people,” J. Assoc. Res. Otolaryngol. 9, 399–406.
16. Moore, B. C. J. , Glasberg, B. R. , and Hopkins, K. (2006). “Frequency discrimination of complex tones by hearing-impaired subjects: Evidence for loss of ability to use temporal fine structure information,” Hear. Res. 222, 16–27.
17. Moore, B. C. J. , and Sek, A. (1996). “Detection of frequency modulation at low modulation rates: Evidence for a mechanism based on phase locking,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 100, 2320–2331.
19. Papakonstantinou, A. , Strelcyk, O. , and Dau, T. (2011). “Relations between perceptual measures of temporal processing, auditory-evoked brainstem responses and speech intelligibility in noise,” Hear. Res. 280, 30–37.
20. Pichora-Fuller, M. K. , and Schneider, B. A. (1991). “Masking-level differences in the elderly: A comparison of antiphasic and time-delay dichotic conditions,” J. Speech Hear. Res. 34, 1410–1422.
21. Pichora-Fuller, M. K. , and Schneider, B. A. (1992). “The effect of interaural delay of the masker on masking-level differences in young and old subjects,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 91, 2129–2135.
22. Ross, B. , Fujioka, T. , Tremblay, K. L. , and Picton, T. W. (2007). “Aging in binaural hearing begins in mid-life: evidence from cortical auditory-evoked responses to changes in interaural phase,” J. Neurosci. 27, 11172–11178.
24. Sek, A. , and Moore, B. C. J. (1995). “Frequency discrimination as a function of frequency, measured in several ways,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 97, 2479–2486.
25. Smoski, W. J. , and Trahiotis, C. (1986). “Discrimination of interaural temporal disparities by normal-hearing listeners and listeners with high-frequency sensorineural hearing loss,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 79, 1541–1547.
26. Strelcyk, O. , and Dau, T. (2009). “Relations between frequency selectivity, temporal fine-structure processing, and speech reception in impaired hearing,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 125, 3328–3345.
27. Strouse, A. , Ashmead, D. H. , Ohde, R. N. , and Grantham, D. W. (1998). “Temporal processing in the aging auditory system,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 104, 2385–2399.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month