No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
On acoustic propagation in three-dimensional rectangular ducts with flexible walls and porous liningsa)
3. B. Nennig, E. Perrey-Debain, and M. Ben Tahar, “A mode matching method for modeling dissipative silencers lined with poroelastic materials and containing mean flow,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128, 3308–3320 (2010).
5. J. B. Lawrie, I. D. Abrahams, and C. M. Linton, “Acoustic radiation from two opposed, semi-infinite, co-axial cylindrical waveguides, Part I: Overlapping edges,” Wave Motion 18, 121–142 (1993).
7. W. Bi, V. Pagneux, D. Lafarge, and Y. Aurégan, “An improved multimodal method for sound propagation in nonuniform lined ducts,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 122, 280–290 (2007).
9. R. J. Astley, A. Cummings, and N. Sormaz, “A finite element scheme for acoustic propagation in flexible walled ducts with bulk-reacting liners, and comparison with experiment,” J. Sound Vib. 150, 119–138 (1991).
10. V. Martin, A. Cummings, and C. Gronier, “Discrimination of coupled structural/acoustical duct modes by active control: Principles and experimental results,” J. Sound Vib. 274, 583–603 (2004).
12. J. B. Lawrie, “Acoustic propagation in 3-D, rectangular ducts with flexible walls,” Inst. Noise Control Eng. (USA) Conf. Proc. 220, 1930–1938 (2010).
13. B. Venkatesham, M. Tiwari, and M. L. Munjal, “Analytical prediction of the breakout noise from a rectangular cavity with one compliant wall,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, 2952–2962 (2008).
14. B. Venkatesham, M. Tiwari, and M. L. Munjal, “Analytical prediction of the break-out noise from a reactive rectangular plenum with four flexible walls,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128, 1789–1799 (2010).
19. J. B. Lawrie and I. M. M. Guled, “On tuning a reactive silencer by varying the position of an internal membrane,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 120, 780–790 (2006).
20. R. Kirby, “Modeling sound propagation in acoustic waveguides using a hybrid numerical method,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, 1930–1940 (2008).
21. J. B. Lawrie and I. D. Abrahams, “An orthogonality condition for a class of problem with high order boundary conditions; applications in sound/structure interaction,” Q. J. Mech, Appl. Math. 52, 161–181 (1999).
23. E. Redon, A.-S. Bonnet-Ben Dhia, J.-F. Mercier, and S. Poernomo Sari, “Non-reflecting boundary conditions for acoustic propagation in ducts with acoustic treatment and mean flow,” Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng. 86, 1360–1378 (2011).
24. S. R. Manam, J. Bhattacharjee, and T. Sahoo, “Expansion formulae in wave structure interaction problems,” Proc. R. Soc. London, Ser. A 462, 263–287 (2006).
25. J. B. Lawrie, “Orthogonality relations for fluid-structural waves in a 3-D rectangular duct with flexible walls,” Proc. R. Soc. London, Ser. A 465, 2347–2367 (2009).
26. J. D. Kaplunov, E. V. Nolde, and B. F. Shorr, “A perturbation approach for evaluating natural frequencies of moderately thick elliptic plates,” J. Sound Vib. 281, 905–919 (2005).
27. J. B. Lawrie, “On eigenfunction expansions associated with wave propagation along ducts with wave-bearing boundaries,” IMA J. Appl. Math. 72, 376–394 (2007) [note that Eqs. (3.24) and (3.26) contain isolated sign errors—these do not affect the results presented therein].
30. I. M. M. Guled, “Acoustic transmission: Waveguide with scattering or dissipative components,” Ph.D. dissertation, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK, 2003.
31. M. J. Lighthill, An Introduction to Fourier Analysis and Generalised Functions (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1980).
33. J. B. Lawrie and R. Kirby, “Mode-matching without root-finding: Application to a dissipative silencer,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 119, 2050–2061 (2006).
37. R. Harter, M. J. Simon, and I. D. Abrahams “The effect of surface tension on localized free-surface oscillations about surface-piercing bodies,” Proc. R. Soc. London, Ser. A 464, 3039–3054 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month