No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Biomechanical modeling of English /r/ variants
1. Buchaillard, S. , Perrier, P. , and Payan, Y. (2009). “A biomechanical model of cardinal vowel production: Muscle activations and the impact of gravity on tongue positioning,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 126, 2033–2051.
2. Campbell, F. , Gick, B. , Wilson, I. , and Vatikiotis-Bateson, E. (2010). “Spatial and temporal properties of gestures in North American English /r/,” Lang. Speech 53, 49–69.
3. Delattre, P. , and Freeman, D. (1968). “A dialect study of American r’s by x-ray motion picture,” Linguistics 44, 29–68.
4. Guenther, F. , Espy-Wilson, C. , Boyce, S. , Matthies, M. , Zandipour, M. , and Perkell, J. (1999). “Articulatory tradeoffs reduce acoustic variability during American English /r/ production” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 105, 2854–2865.
5. Iskarous, K. (2005). “Patterns of tongue movement,” J. Phonet. 33, 363–381.
6. Lloyd, J. , Stavness, I. , and Fels, S. (2011). “ARTISYNTH: A fast interactive biomechanical modeling toolkit combining multibody and finite element simulation,” in Soft Tissue Biomechanical Modeling for Computer Assisted Surgery, edited by Y. Payan and A. Gefen, Studies in Mechanobiology, Tissue Engineering and Biomaterials (Springer, New York).
7. Mielke, J. , Baker, A. , and Archangeli, D. (2010). “Variability and homogeneity in American English /ɻ/ allophony and /s/ retraction,” in Laboratory Phonology 10 (Phonology and Phonetics 4–4), edited by C. Fougeron, B. Kühnert, M. d’ Imperio, and N. Vallée (de Gruyter Mouton, Berlin), pp. 699–730.
8. Ong, D. , and Stone, M. (1998). “Three-dimensional vocal tract shapes in /r/ and /l/: A study of MRI, ultrasound, electropalatography, and acoustics,” Phonoscope 1, 1–14.
9. Stavness, I. , Lloyd, J. , Payan, Y. , and Fels, S. (2011). “Coupled hard-soft tissue simulation with contact and constraints applied to jaw-tongue-hyoid dynamics,” Int. J. Num. Methods Biomed. Eng. 27, 367–390.
10. Tiede, M. , Boyce, S. , Holland, C. , and Choe, K. (2004). “A new taxonomy of American English /r/ using MRI and ultrasound,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 115, 2633.
11. Weiss, J. A. , Maker, B. N. , and Govindjee, S. (1996). “Finite element implementation of incompressible, transversely isotropic hyperelasticity,” Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Eng. 135, 107–128.
12. Zhou, X. , Espy-Wilson, C. , Boyce, S. , Tiede, M. , Holland, C. , and Choe, A. (2008). “A magnetic resonance imaging-based articulatory and acoustic study of ‘retroflex’ and ‘bunched’ American English /r/,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 103, 4466–4481.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month