No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Coherent reflection from surface gravity water waves during reciprocal acoustic transmissions
1. E. Thorsos, “ The validity of the Kirchhoff approximation for rough surface scattering using a Gaussian roughness spectrum,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 83, 78–92 (1988).
2. K. L. Williams, J. S. Stroud, and P. L. Marston, “ High-frequency forward scattering from Gaussian spectrum, pressure release, corrugated surfaces. I. Catastrophe theory modeling,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 96, 1687–1702 (1994).
3. P. H. Dahl, “ On the spatial coherence and angular spreading of sound forward scattered from the sea surface: Measurements and interpretive model,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 100, 748–758 (1996).
4. M. Badiey, Y. Mu, J. Simmen, and S. Forsythe, “ Signal variability in shallow-water sound channels,” J. Ocean. Eng. 25, 492–500 (2000).
5. J. C. Preisig and G. B. Deane, “ Surface wave focusing and acoustic communications in the surf zone,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 116, 2067–2080 (2004).
6. C. Tindle, G. B. Deane, and J. C. Preisig, “ Reflection of underwater sound from surface waves,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 125, 66–72 (2009).
7. A. Song and M. Badiey, “ Time reversal acoustic communication for multiband transmission,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 131, EL283–EL288 (2012).
8. K. B. Smith. “ Convergence, stability, and variability of shallow water acoustic predictions using a split-step Fourier parabolic equation model,” J. Comput. Acoust. 9, 243–285.
9. K. B. Smith, “ Field transformational approach to three-dimensional scattering from two-dimensional rough surfaces,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 131, EL441–EL447 (2012).
10. A. Song, J. Senne, M. Badiey, and K. B. Smith, “ Underwater acoustic communication channel simulation using Parabolic Equation,” in Proceedings of Sixth ACM International Workshop on Underwater Networks (WUWNET’11) (2011), pp. 1–5.
12. E. A. Karjadi, M. Badiey, J. T. Kirby, and C. Bayindir, “ Effects of surface gravity waves on high-frequency propagation in shallow water,” IEEE J. Ocean. Eng. 37, 112–121 (2012).
Article metrics loading...
During a recent experiment in Kauai, Hawaii, reciprocal transmissions were conducted between two acoustic transceivers mounted on the seafloor at a depth of 100 m. The passage of moving surface wave crests was shown to generate focused and intense coherent acoustic returns, which had increasing or decreasing delay depending on the direction of propagation relative to the direction of surface wave crests. It is shown that a rough surface two-dimensional parabolic equation model with an evolving sea surface can produce qualitative agreement with data for the dynamic surface returns.
Full text loading...
Most read this month