No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Annoyance and self-reported sleep disturbance due to night-time railway noise examined in the field
1. Aasvang, G. M. , Moum, T. , and Engdahl, B. (2008). “ Self-reported sleep disturbances due to railway noise: Exposure-response relationships for nighttime equivalent and maximum noise levels,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, 257–268.
3. Basner, M. , Elmenhorst, E.-M. , Maaß, H. , Müller, U. , Quehl, J. , and Vejvoda, M. (2008). “ Single and combined effects of air, road and rail traffic noise on sleep,” Proceedings of the 9th International Congress on Noise as a Public Health Problem, Foxwoods, CT, USA, pp. 463–470.
4. Basner, M. , Mueller, U. , and Elmenhorst, E. M. (2011). “ Single and combined effects of air, road, and rail traffic noise on sleep and recuperation,” Sleep 34, 11–23.
5. Berglund, B. , Hassmén, P. , and Job, R. F. S. (1996). “ Sources and effects of low-frequency noise,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 99, 2985–3002.
7. De Coensel, B. , Botteldooren, D. , Berglund, B. , Nilsson, M. E. , De Muer, T. , and Lercher, P. (2007). “ Experimental investigation of noise annoyance caused by high-speed trains,” Acta. Acust. Acust. 93, 589–601.
8. De Coensel, B. , Botteldooren, D. , De Muer, T. , Berglund, B. , Nilsson, J. P. , and Lercher, P. (2009). “ A model for the perception of environmental sound based on notive-events,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 126, 656–665.
11. Elmenhorst, E.-M. , Pennig, S. , Rolny, V. , Quehl, J. , Mueller, U. , Maass, H. , and Basner, M. (2012). “ Examining nocturnal railway noise and aircraft noise in the field: Sleep, psychomotor performance, and annoyance,” Sci. Total Environ. 424, 48–56.
12. European Commission Working Group on Dose-Effect Relations (2002). “Position paper on dose response relationships between transportation noise and annoyance,” Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, Luxembourg, pp. 1–7.
13. European Commission Working Group on Health and Socio-Economic Aspects (2004). “Position paper on dose-effect relationships for night time noise,” European Commission, Brussels, pp. 1–30.
14. Fidell, S. , Barber, D. , and Schultz, T. J. (1991). “ Updating a dosage-effect relationship for the prevalence of annoyance due to general transportation noise,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 89, 221–233.
15. Fields, J. M. (1993). “ Effect of personal and situational variables on noise annoyance in residential areas,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 93, 2753–2763.
17. Fields, J. M. , and Walker, J. G. (1982b). “ Comparing the relationships between noise level and annoyance in different surveys: A railway noise vs. aircraft and road traffic comparison,” J. Sound Vib. 81, 51–80.
18. Gjestland, T. (2008). “ Summary Team 6: Community noise,” Proceedings of the 9th International Congress on Noise as a Public Health Problem, Foxwoods, CT, USA, pp. 874–876.
20. Guski, R. (1999). “ Personal and social variables as co-determinants of noise annoyance,” Noise Health 1, 45–56.
21. Guski, R. , Felscher-Suhr, U. , and Schuemer, R. (1999). “ The concept of noise annoyance: How international experts see it,” J. Sound Vib. 223, 513–527.
22. Hoeger, R. , Schreckenberg, D. , Felscher-Suhr, U. , and Griefahn, B. (2002). “ Night-time noise annoyance: State of the art,” Noise Health 4, 19–25.
23. Hong, J. , Kim, J. , Lim, C. , Kim, K. , and Lee, S. (2010). “ The effects of long-term exposure to railway and road traffic noise on subjective sleep disturbance,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128, 2829–2835.
24. Kroesen, M. , Molin, E. J. E. , and van Wee, B. (2008). “ Testing a theory of aircraft noise annoyance: A structural equation analysis,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 123, 4250–4260.
25. Lim, C. , Kim, J. , Hong, J. , and Lee, S. (2006). “ The relationship between railway noise and community annoyance in Korea,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 120, 2037–2042.
27. Miedema, H. M. E. , and Oudshoorn, C. G. M. (2001). “ Annoyance from transportation noise: Relationships with exposure metrics DNL and DENL and their confidence intervals,” Environ. Health Persp. 109, 409–416.
28. Miedema, H. M. E. , and Vos, H. (1998). “ Exposure-response relationships for transportation noise,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 104, 3432–3445.
29. Miedema, H. M. E. , and Vos, H. (2007). “ Associations between self-reported sleep disturbance and environmental noise based on reanalyses of pooled data from 24 studies,” Behav. Sleep Med. 5, 1–20.
31. Moehler, U. , Liepert, M. , and Schreckenberg, D. (2010). “ Zur Anwendung des Schienenbonus bei der Beurteilung von Verkehrsgeräuschen” (“The application of the ‘railway bonus’ with regard to rating of traffic noise”), Lärmbekämpfung 5, 47–56.
33. Öhrström, E. , Ögren, M. , Jerson, T. , and Gidlof-Gunnarsson, A. (2008). “ Experimental studies on sleep disturbances due to railway and road traffic noise,” Proceedings of the 9th International Congress on Noise as a Public Health Problem, Foxwoods, CT, USA, pp. 471–478.
34. Öhrström, E. , and Skanberg, A. (1996). “ A field survey on effects of exposure to noise and vibration from railway traffic, part I: Annoyance and activity disturbance effects,” J. Sound Vib. 193, 39–47.
35. Porter, N. D. , Kershaw, A. D. , and Ollerhead, J. B. (2000). “Adverse Effects of Night-Time Aircraft Noise (Rep. No. 9964),” UK Civil Aviation Authority, London, pp. 1–38.
36. Quehl, J. , and Basner, M. (2006). “ Annoyance from nocturnal aircraft noise exposure: Laboratory and field-specific dose-response curves,” J. Environ. Psych. 26, 127–140.
37. Schreckenberg, D. , Moehler, U. , and Liepert, M. (2010). “ Gilt der Schienenbonus auch während der Abendzeit? Vergleich der Lästigkeit von Straßen- und Schienenverkehrslärm zu unterschiedlichen Tageszeiten (“Is the ‘railway bonus’ valid for the evening time of day?—Comparision of differences in noise annoyance due to railway and road traffic noise at different times of day”),” Lärmbekämpfung 5, 57–63.
38. Stallen, P. J. (1999). “ A theoretical framework for environmental noise annoyance,” Noise Health 1, 69–80.
39. Stansfeld, S. A. (1992). “ Noise, noise sensitivity and psychiatric disorder: Epidemiological and psychophysiological studies,” Psychol. Med. Monogr. Suppl. 22, 1–44.
41.World Health Organization (WHO) (2009). “Night noise guidelines (NNGL) for Europe,” WHO Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen, pp. 57–58.
42.World Health Organization (WHO) (2011). “Burden of diesease from environmental noise. Quantification of healthy life years lost in Europe,” WHO Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen, p. xvii.
43. Yano, T. , Yamashita, T. , and Izumi, K. (1997). “ Comparison of community annoyance from railway noise evaluated by different category scales,” J. Sound Vib. 205, 505–511.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month