No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Comment on “Resonant acoustic scattering by swimbladder-bearing fish” [J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 64, 571–580 (1978)] (L)
2. C. Feuillade, R. W. Nero, and R. H. Love, “A low-frequency acoustic scatatering model for small schools of fish,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 99, 196–208 (1996).
3. C. Feuillade and R. W. Nero, “A viscous-elastic swimbladder model for describing enhanced-frequency resonance scattering from fish,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 103, 3245–3255 (1998).
4. J. C. Devin, “Survey of thermal, radiation, and viscous damping of pulsating air bubbles in water,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 31, 1654–1667 (1959).
5. M. A. Ainslie and T. G. Leighton, “Near resonant bubble acoustic cross-section corrections, including examples from oceanography, volcanology, and biomedical untrasound,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 126, 2163–2175 (2009).
6. K. W. Commander and A. Prosperetti, “Linear pressure waves in bubbly liquids: Comparison between theory and experiments,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 85, 732–746 (1989).
7. T. A. Litovitz and C. M. Davis, “Structural and shear relaxation in liquids,” in Physical Acoustics, edited by W. P. Mason (Academic, New York, 1965), Chap. 5, pp. 281–349.
8. P. B. Nagy and A. H. Nayfeh, “Viscosity-induced attenuation of longitudinal guided waves in fluid-loaded rods,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 100, 1501–1508 (1996).
9. K. Baik, J. Jiang, and T. G. Leighton, “Acoustic attenuation, phase and group velocities in liquid-filled pipes: Theory, experiment, and examples of water and mercury,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128, 2610–2624 (2010).
11. M. A. Ainslie and T. G. Leighton, “Review of scattering and extinction cross-section, damping factors, and resonance frequencies of a spherical gas bubble,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 130, 3184–3208 (2011).
13. T. K. Stanton, D. Z. Chu, J. M. Jech, and J. D. Irish, “New broadband methods for resonance classification and high-resolution imagery of fish with swimbladders using a modified commercial broadband echosounder,” ICES J. Mar. Sci. 67, 365–378 (2010).
14. A. L. Fetter and J. D. Walecka, Theoretical Mechanics of Particles and Continua (Dover, New York, 2003).
15. M. C. Benfield, A. C. Lavery, P. H. Wiebe, C. H. Greene, T. K. Stanton, and N. J. Copley, “Distributions of physonect siphonulae in the gulf of Maine and their potential as important sources of acoustic scattering,” Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 60, 759–772 (2003).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month