No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Evaluating a linearized Euler equations model for strong turbulence effects on sound propagation
2. Batchelor, G. K. (1953). Homogeneous Turbulence (Cambridge University Press, New York), Chaps. 2 and 3.
5. Blanc-Benon, P. , Juvé, D. , and Hugon-Jeannin, Y. (1992). “ Propagation of acoustic waves through thermal turbulence: A numerical study of intensity fluctuations,” in European Conference on Underwater Acoustics, edited by M. Weydert (Elsevier Applied Science, London), pp. 284–287.
7. Blumrich, R. , and Heimann, D. (2002). “ A linearized Eulerian sound propagation model for studies of complex meteorological effects,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 112, 446–455.
12. Cheinet, S. , Ehrhardt, L. , Juvé, D. , and Blanc-Benon, P. (2012). “ Unified modeling of turbulence effects on sound propagation,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, 2198–2209.
10. Cheinet, S. , and Naz, P. (2006). “On-going ISL research in modelling acoustic propagation in the atmosphere,” NATO SET-107/RSY20/MSE Symposium, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
13. Chevret, P. , Blanc-Benon, P. , and Juvé, D. (1996). “ A numerical model for sound propagation through a turbulent atmosphere near the ground,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 100, 3587–3599.
15. Churnside, J. H. , and Frehlich, R. G. (1989). “ Experimental evaluation of log-normally modulated Rician and IK models of optical scintillation in the atmosphere,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 6, 1760–1766.
14. Churnside, J. H. , and Hill, J. R. (1987). “ Probability density of irradiance scintillations for strong path-integrated refractive turbulence,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 4, 727–733.
16. Coles, W. A. , Filice, J. P. , Frehlich, R. G. , and Yadlowsky, M. (1995). “ Simulation of wave propagation in three-dimensional random media,” Appl. Opt. 34, 2089–2101.
17. Daigle, G. , Piercy, J. , and Embleton, T. (1983). “ Line-of-sight propagation through atmospheric turbulence near the ground,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 74, 1505–1513.
, and Cheinet
). “Développement et évaluation d'un code de propagation acoustique en domaine temporel (Development and evaluation of an acoustic propagation code),” 10e Congrès Français d'Acoustique, Lyon, France. Available at http://cfa.sfa.asso.fr/cd1/data/articles/000560.pdf
(Last viewed March 26, 2012).
21. Ewart, T. E. (1989). “ A model of the intensity probability distribution for wave propagation in random media,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 86, 1490–1498.
22. Ewart, T. E. , and Percival, D. B. (1986). “ Forward scattered waves in random media—The probability distribution of intensity,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 80, 1745–1753.
23. Flatté, S. M. (1979). Sound Transmission Through a Fluctuating Ocean (Cambridge University Press, New York), Chaps. 6 and 8.
24. Flatté, S. M. , Bracher, C. , and Wang, G.-Y. (1994). “ Probability-density functions of irradiance for waves in atmospheric turbulence calculated by numerical simulation,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 11, 2080–2092.
27. Gilbert, K. E. , Raspet, R. , and Di, X. (1990). “ Calculation of turbulence effects in an upward-refracting atmosphere,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 87, 2428–2437.
28. Gozani, J. (1985). “ Numerical solution for the fourth-order coherence function of a plane wave propagating in a two-dimensional Kolmogorovian medium,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 2, 2144–2151.
29. Hill, R. J. , and Frehlich, R. G. (1997). “ Probability distribution of irradiance in the onset of strong scintillation,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 14, 1530–1540.
30. Hugon-Jeannin, Y. (1992). “ Simulation numérique de la propagation d'ondes acoustiques en milieu turbulent (Numeric simulation of wave propagation in turbulent medium),” Ph.D. thesis, Ecole Centrale de Lyon, France.
31. Jakeman, E. (1986). Wave Propagation and Scattering, edited by B. J. Uscinski (Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK), pp. 1–381.
33. Jenu, M. Z. M. , and Bebbington, D. H. O. (1994). “ Fourth-moment calculation of optical propagation in a turbulent atmosphere with use of the split-step method,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 11, 2862–2870.
34. Juvé, D. , Blanc-Benon, P. , and Chevret, P. (1992). “ Numerical simulations of sound propagation through a turbulent atmosphere,” 5th Long Range Sound Propagation Symposium, Milton Keyes, England. Available at http://ncpa.olemiss.edu/long-range-sound-propagation-lrsp/ (Last viewed March 26, 2012).
37. Martin, J. , and Flatté, S. (1988). “ Intensity images and statistics from numerical simulation of wave propagation in 3-D random media,” Appl. Opt. 27, 2111–2126.
39. McLaren, J. R. W. , Thomas, J. C. , Mackintosh, J. L. , Mudge, K. A. , Grant, K. J. , Clare, B. A. , and Cowley, W.G. (2012). “ Comparison of probability density functions for analyzing irradiance statistics due to atmospheric turbulence,” Appl. Opt. 51, 5996–6002.
40. Norris, D. , Wilson, D. , and Thomson, D. (2001). “ Atmospheric scattering for varying degrees of saturation and turbulent intermittency,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 109, 1871–1880.
41. Ostashev, V. (1997). Acoustics in Moving Inhomogeneous Media (E & FN Spon, London), Chap. 6.
42. Ostashev, V. E. , and Wilson, D. K. (2000). “ Relative contributions from temperature and wind velocity fluctuations to the statistical moments of a sound field in a turbulent atmosphere,” Acta Acust. 86, 260–268.
43. Ostashev, V. , Wilson, D. , Liu, L. , Aldridge, D. , Symons, N. , and Marlin, D. (2005). “ Equations for finite-difference, time-domain simulation of sound propagation in moving inhomogeneous media and numerical implementation,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 117, 503–517.
44. Rivet, B. , Girin, L. , and Jutten, C. (2007). “ Log-Rayleigh distributions: A simple and efficient statistical representation of log-spectral coefficients,” IEEE Trans. Audio, Speech, Lang. Process. 15, 796–802.
45. Rytov, S. M. , Kravtsov, Y. A. , and Tatarski, V. I. (1989). Principles of Statistical Radiophysics (Springer, Berlin), Vol. 3–4.
46. Salomons, E. M. , Blumrich, R. , and Heimann, D. (2002). “ Eulerian time-domain model for sound propagation over a finite-impedance ground surface: Comparison with frequency-domain models,” Acta. Acust. Acust. 88, 483–492.
47. Spivack, M. , and Uscinski, B. J. (1988). “ Accurate numerical solution of the fourth-moment equation for very large values of Γ,” Ann. Math. Stat. 33, 1187–1192.
50. Tatarski, V. I. (1961). Wave Propagation in a Turbulent Medium (McGraw-Hill, New York), Chap. 7.
51. Tatarski, V. I. (1971). “ The effects of the turbulent atmosphere on wave propagation” (translated from Russian by the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, Jerusalem, 1971), Chap. 4. Available from the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Technical Information Service, Springfield, VA, 22151.
53. Van Renterghem, T. (2003). “ The finite-difference time-domain method for simulation of sound propagation in a moving medium,” Ph.D. thesis, Universiteit Gent.
54. Van Renterghem, T. , and Botteldooren, D. (2003). “ Numerical simulation of the effect of trees on downwind noise barrier performances,” Acta. Acust. Acust. 89, 764–778.
55. Wilson, D. (1998). “ Turbulence models and the synthesis of random fields for acoustic wave propagation calculations,” ARL Technical Report No. ARL-TR-1677, pp. 1–60.
56. Wilson, D. K. , and Liu, L. (2004). “ Finite-difference, time-domain simulation of sound propagation in a dynamic atmosphere,” ERDC/CREEL Technical Report No. TR-04-12, pp. 1–64.
57. Yeh, K. C. , Liu, C. H. , and Youakim, M. Y. (1975). “ A theoretical study of the ionospheric scintillation behavior caused by multiple scattering,” Radio Sci. 10, 97–106, doi:10.1029/RS010i001p00097.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month