No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Applying diffuse ultrasound under dynamic loading to improve closed crack characterization in concrete
2.ISO 1920-7:2004, Testing of concrete, Part 7: Non-destructive tests on hardened concrete (International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2004).
3. R. Snieder, A. Grêt, H. Douma, and J. Scales, “Coda wave interferometry for estimating nonlinear behavior in seismic velocity,” Science 295, 2253–2255 (2002).
4. C. Payan, V. Garnier, J. Moysan, and P. A. Johnson, “Determination of third order elastic constants in a complex solid applying coda wave interferometry,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 011904 (2009).
5. Y. Zhang, O. Abraham, V. Tournat, A. Le Duff, B. Lascoup, A. Loukili, F. Grondin, and O. Durand, “Validation of a thermal bias control technique for Coda Wave Interferometry (CWI),” Ultrasonics 53(3), 658–664 (2013).
7. S. K. Ramamoorthy, Y. Kane, and J. A. Turner, “Ultrasound diffusion for crack depth determination in concrete,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 115(2), 523–529 (2004).
8. C.-W. In, R. Brett Holland, J.-Y. Kim, K. E. Kurtis, L. F. Kahn, L. J. Jacobs, “Monitoring and evaluation of self-healing in concrete using diffuse ultrasound,” NDT E Int. 57, 36–44 (2013).
9. A. Quiviger, C. Payan, J.-F. Chaix, V. Garnier, and J. Salin, “Effect of the presence and size of a real macro-crack on diffuse ultrasound in concrete,” NDT E Int. 45(1), 128–132 (2012).
10. A. Quiviger, A. Girard, C. Payan, J. F. Chaix, V. Garnier, and J. Salin, “Macro-crack characterization in concrete by diffuse ultrasound under low frequency dynamic loading,” POMA 16, 045016 (2012).
11. G. Renaud, P.-Y. Le Bas, and P. A. Johnson, “Dynamic measures of elastic nonlinear (anelastic) behavior: Dynamic acousto-elasticity testing (DAET),” J. Geophys. Res. 117, B06202, doi:10.1029/2011JB009127 (2012).
12. C. La Rocca, C. Payan, and J. Moysan, “Evaluation of epoxy bonded joint quality using nonlinear acoustics,” Proc. Meet. Acoust. 10, 045001 (2010).
13. C. Payan, T. J. Ulrich, P. Y. Le Bas, T. A. Saleh, and M. Guimaraes, “Probing materials damage at various depths by use of Time Reversal Elastic Nonlinearity Diagnostic: Application to concrete,” POMA 16, 045013 (2012).
14. J.-P. Zardan, C. Payan, V. Garnier, and J. Salin, “Effect of the presence and size of a localized nonlinear source in concrete,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128(1), EL38–EL42 (2010).
Article metrics loading...
Recent studies show the ability of diffuse ultrasound to characterize surface breaking cracks in concrete. However, derived parameters are sensitive to the presence of partially opened zones along the crack whose pattern may differ from one sample to another. The aim of this letter is to study the variation of diffuse ultrasound parameters while the sample is driven by a low frequency bending load which alternatively opens and closes the crack, allowing to access supplementary information about its morphology. The results show the sensitivity of the method for various crack depths and highlight its potential for concrete nondestructive evaluation.
Full text loading...
Most read this month