No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
A higher-order tangent linear parabolic-equation solution of three-dimensional sound propagation
3. Deane, G. B. , and Buckingham, M. J. (1993). “ An analysis of the three-dimensional sound field in a penetrable wedge with a stratified fluid or elastic basement,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 93, 1319–1328.
5. Hermand, J.-P. , Meyer, M. , Asch, M. , and Berrada, M. (2006). “ Adjoint-based acoustic inversion for the physical characterization of a shallow water environment,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 119, 3860–3871.
6. Hursky, P. , Porter, M. B. , Cornuelle, B. D. , Hodgkiss, W. S. , and Kuperman W. A. (2004). “ Adjoint modeling for acoustic inversion,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 115, 607–619.
8. Lin, Y.-T. , and Duda, T. F. (2012). “ A higher-order split-step Fourier parabolic-equation sound propagation solution scheme,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, EL61–EL67.
7. Lin, Y.-T. , and Lynch, J. F. (2011). “ Analytical study of the horizontal ducting of sound by an oceanic front over a slope,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 131, EL1–EL7.
10. Tappert, F. D. (1977). “ The parabolic equation method,” in Wave Propagation and Underwater Acoustics, edited by J. B. Keller and J. Papadakis, Lecture Notes in Physics 70 (Springer-Verlag, New York), pp. 224–286.
Article metrics loading...
A higher-order square-root operator splitting algorithm is employed to derive a tangent linear solution for the three-dimensional parabolic wave equation due to small variations of the sound speed in the medium. The solution shown in this paper unifies other solutions obtained from less accurate approximations. Examples of three-dimensional acoustic ducts are presented to demonstrate the accuracy of the solution. Future work on the applications of associated adjoint models for acoustic inversions is proposed and discussed.
Full text loading...
Most read this month