No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Frequency-wavenumber processing for infrasound distributed arrays
1. E. T. Herrin, P. W. Golden, H. E. Bass, D. E. Norris, B. Andre, C. de Groot-Hedlin, R. L. Woodward, K. T. Walker, D. P. Drop, C. A. Szuberla, M. A. H. Hedlin, R. W. Whitaker, M. A. Garces, and F. D. Shields, “ High-altitude infrasound calibration experiments,” Acoust. Today 4(2), 9–17 (2008).
2. K. Dillion, W. Howard, and F. D. Shields, “ Advances in distributed arrays for detection of infrasonic events,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 122(5), 2960 (2007).
3. H. E. Bass, R. Raspet, and J. O. Messer, “ Experimental determination of wind speed and direction using a three microphone array,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 97(1), 695–696 (1995).
5. D. K. Wilson and M. J. White, “ Discrimination of wind noise and sound waves by their contrasting spatial and temporal properties,” Acta Acust. Acust. 96, 991–1002 (2010).
6. R. D. Costley, W. G. Frazier, K. D. Dillion, J. R. Picucci, J. E. Williams, and M. H. McKenna, “ Frequency-wavenumber (F-K) processing for infrasound distributed arrays,” in 2012 Military Sensing Symposia – BAMS, SENSIAC (2012).
7. E. Smart and E. A. Flinn, “ Fast frequency wavenumber analysis and Fisher signal detection in real-time infrasonic array data processing,” Geophys. J. R. Astron. Soc. 26, 279–284 (1971).
8. R. R. Blandford, “ Design of infrasonic arrays,” AFTAC-TR-97-013, Air Force Technical Applications Center, 1997.
9. L. G. Evers and H. W. Haak, “ Listening to sounds from an exploding meteor and oceanic waves,” Geophys. Res. Lett. 28(1), 41–44, doi:10.1029/2000GL011859 (2001).
10. G. R. Cooper and C. D. McGilliam, Probabilistic Methods of Signal and System Analysis, 2nd ed. (Saunders College Publishing, New York, 1986), p. 85.
11. P. E. Johnson and D. G. Long, “ The probability of density of spectral estimates based on modified periodogram averages,” IEEE Trans. Signal Process. 28(5), 1255–1261 (1999).
Article metrics loading...
The work described herein discusses the application of a frequency-wavenumber signal processing technique to signals from rectangular infrasound arrays for detection and estimation of the direction of travel of infrasound. Arrays of 100 sensors were arranged in square configurations with sensor spacing of 2 m. Wind noise data were collected at one site. Synthetic infrasound signals were superposed on top of the wind noise to determine the accuracy and sensitivity of the technique with respect to signal-to-noise ratio. The technique was then applied to an impulsive event recorded at a different site. Preliminary results demonstrated the feasibility of this approach.
Full text loading...
Most read this month