No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Simultaneous suppression of noise and reverberation in cochlear implants using a ratio masking strategy
1. Abramson, A. , and Cohen, I. (2007). “ Simultaneous detection and estimation approach for speech enhancement,” IEEE Trans. Acoust. Speech Signal Process. 15, 2348–2359.
2. Ali, H. , Lobo, A. P. , and Loizou, P. C. (2013). “ Design and evaluation of a personal digital assistant based research platform for cochlear implants,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. (in press).
3. ANSI (2002). S12.60, Acoustical Performance Criteria, Design Requirements and Guidelines for Schools (American National Standards Institute, New York).
4. Brungart, D. , Chang, P. , Simpson, B. , and Wang, D. (2006). “ Isolating the energetic component of speech-on-speech masking with ideal time-frequency segregation,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 120, 4007–4018.
5. Ephraim, Y. , and Malah, D. (1984). “ Speech enhancement using a minimum mean-square error short-time spectral amplitude estimator,” IEEE Trans. Acoust. Speech Signal Process. 32, 1109–1121.
6. Friesen, L. M. , Shannon, R. V. , Baskent, D. , and Wang, X. (2001). “ Speech recognition in noise as a function of the number of spectral channels: Comparison of acoustic hearing and cochlear implants,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 110, 1150–1163.
7. Hazrati, O. (2012). “ Development of dereverberation algorithms for improved speech intelligibility by cochlear implant users,” doctoral dissertation, University of Texas at Dallas.
8. Hazrati, O. , Lee, J. , and Loizou, P. C. (2013). “ Blind binary masking for reverberation suppression in cochlear implants,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 133, 1607–1614.
11. Hazrati, O. , and Loizou, P. C. (2013). “ Reverberation suppression in cochlear implants using a blind channel-selection strategy,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 133, 4188–4196.
12. Hu, Y. , and Loizou, P. C. (2008). “ A new sound coding strategy for suppressing noise in cochlear implants” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, 498–509.
13. IEEE (1969). “ IEEE recommended practice for speech quality measurements,” IEEE Trans. Audio Electroacoust. AU-17, 225–246.
14. Kim, G. , Lu, Y. , Hi, Y. , and Loizou, P. C. (2009). “ An algorithm that improves speech intelligibility in noise for normal-hearing listeners,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 126, 1486–1494.
15. Kokkinakis, K. , Hazrati, O. , and Loizou, P. C. (2011). “ A channel-selection criterion for suppressing reverberation in cochlear implants,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 129, 3221–3232.
16. Nabelek, A. K. , and, Letowski, T. R. (1985). “ Vowel confusions of hearing-impaired listeners under reverberant and non-reverberant conditions,” J. Speech Hear. Disord. 50, 126–131.
17. Nabelek, A. K. , Letowski, T. R. , and Tucker, F. M. (1989). “ Reverberant overlap- and self-masking in consonant identification,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 86, 1259–1265.
18. Nabelek, A. K. , and Mason, D. (1981). “ Effect of noise and reverberation on binaural and monaural word identification by subjects with various audiograms,” J. Speech Hear. Res. 24, 375–383.
19. Naylor, P. A. , Habets, E. A. P. , Wen, J. Y.-C. , and Gaubitch, N. D. (2010). “ Models, measurement and evaluation,” in Speech Dereverberation, edited by P. A. Naylor and N. D. Gaubitch (Springer, London), pp. 21–56.
20. Neuman, A. C. , Wroblewski, M. , Hajicek, J. , and Rubinstein, A. (2010). “ Combined effects of noise and reverberation on speech recognition performance of normal-hearing children and adults,” Ear Hear. 31, 336–344.
21. Palomäki, K. J. , Brown, G. J. , and Parker, J. P. (2004). “ Techniques for handling convolutional distortion with ‘missing data’ automatic speech recognition,” Speech Commun. 43, 123–142.
23. Roman, N. , and Woodruff, J. (2011). “ Intelligibility of reverberant noisy speech with ideal binary masking,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 130, 2153–2161.
24. Sadjadi, S. O. , and Hansen, J. H. L. (2012). “ Blind reverberation mitigation for robust speaker identification,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Kyoto, Japan, pp. 4225–4228.
25. Sadjadi, S. O. , and Hansen, J. H. L. (2013). “ Unsupervised speech activity detection using voicing measures and perceptual spectral flux,” IEEE Signal Process. Lett. 20, 197–200.
26. Wang, D. L. (2005). “ On ideal binary mask as the computational goal of auditory scene analysis” in Speech Separation by Humans and Machines, edited by P. Divenyi (Kluwer Academic, Norwell, MA), pp. 181–197.
27. Wu, M. , and Wang, D. (2006). “ A two-stage algorithm for one microphone reverberant speech enhancement,” IEEE Trans. Audio Speech Lang. Process. 14, 774–784.
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month