No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Three-dimensional multiple-source focalization in an uncertain ocean environment
1. J. Ozard, “ Matched field processing in shallow water for range, depth, and bearing determination: Results of experiments and simulation,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 86, 774–783 (1989).
2. A. N. Mirkin and L. H. Sibul, “ Maximum likelihood estimation of the location of multiple sources in an acoustic waveguide,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 95, 877–888 (1994).
4. Z. H. Michalopoulou, “ Multiple source localization using a maximum a posteriori Gibbs sampling approach,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 120, 2627–2634 (2006).
5. A. B. Baggeroer, W. A. Kuperman, and P. N. Mikhalevsky, “ An overview of matched field methods in ocean acoustics,” IEEE J. Ocean. Eng. 18, 401–424 (1993).
6. D. R. Del Balzo, C. Feuillade, and M. R. Rowe, “ Effects of water-depth mismatch on matched-field localization in shallow water,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 83, 2180–2185 (1988).
7. M. D. Collins and W. A. Kuperman, “ Focalization: Environmental focusing and source localization” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 90, 1410–1422 (1991).
8. S. E. Dosso and M. J. Wilmut, “ Bayesian multiple-source localization in an uncertain ocean environment,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 129, 3577–3589 (2011).
9. S. E. Dosso, “ Acoustic localization of an unknown number of sources in an uncertain ocean environment,” Can. J. Acoust. 40, 3–11 (2012).
10. D. Tollefsen and S. E. Dosso, “ Three-dimensional source tracking in an uncertain environment,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 125, 2909–2917 (2009).
11. S. E. Dosso, M. J. Wilmut, and A. L. Lapinski, “ An adaptive hybrid algorithm for geoacoustic inversion,” IEEE J. Ocean. Eng. 26, 324–336 (2001).
12. S. E. Dosso and M. J. Wilmut, “ Comparison of focalization and marginalization for Bayesian tracking in an uncertain ocean environment,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 125, 717–722 (2009).
13. E. K. Westwood, C. T. Tindle, and N. R. Chapman, “ A normal mode model for acousto-elastic ocean environments,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 100, 3631–3645 (1996).
14. S. E. Dosso, M. J. Wilmut, and P. L. Nielsen, “ Bayesian source tracking via focalization and marginalization in an uncertain Mediterranean Sea environment,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128, 66–74 (2010).
Article metrics loading...
This letter develops a Bayesian focalization approach for three-dimensional localization of an unknown number of sources in shallow water with uncertain environmental properties. The algorithm minimizes the Bayesian information criterion using adaptive hybrid optimization for environmental parameters, Metropolis sampling for source bearing, and Gibbs sampling for source ranges and depths. Maximum-likelihood expressions are used for unknown complex source strengths and noise variance, which allows these parameters to be sampled implicitly. An efficient scheme for adding/deleting sources is used during the optimization. A synthetic example considers localizing a quiet source in the presence of multiple interferers using a horizontal line array.
Full text loading...
Most read this month