No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Autoregressive model for high-resolution wavenumber estimation in a shallow water environment using a broadband source
1. Ö. Yilmaz, “ Seismic data analysis: Processing, inversion, and interpretation of seismic data,” SEG Investigations in Geophysics, 2nd ed. (Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Tulsa, OK, 2001), Vol. 10, 48 pp.
2. B. Nicolas, J. Mars, and J. Lacoume, “ Geoacoustical parameters estimation with impulsive and boat-noise sources,” IEEE J. Ocean. Eng. 28(3), 494–501 (2003).
3. S. D. Rajan and S. D. Bhatta, “ Evaluation of high-resolution frequency estimation methods for determining frequencies of eigenmodes in shallow water acoustic field,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 93, 378–389 (1993).
4. E. C. Shang, H. P. Wang, and Z. Y. Huang, “ Waveguide characterization and source localization in shallow water waveguides using the Prony method,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 83(1), 103–108 (1988).
5. K. M. Becker and G. V. Frisk, “ Evaluation of an autoregressive spectral estimator for modal wave number estimation in range-dependent shallow water waveguides,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 120, 1423–1434 (2006).
6. P. Roux, D. Cassereau, and A. Roux, “ A high-resolution algorithm for wave number estimation using holographic array processing,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 115(3), 1059–1067 (2004).
7. F. D. Philippe, P. Roux, and D. Cassereau, “ Iterative high-resolution wavenumber inversion applied to broadband acoustic data,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelectr., Freq. Control 55(10), 2306–2311 (2008).
8. F. Jensen, W. Kuperman, M. Porter, and H. Schmidt, Computational Ocean Acoustics, 2nd ed. (AIP, New York, 2011), 340 p.
9. S. L. Marple, Digital Spectral Analysis with Applications (Signal Processing, Prentice Hall, NJ, 1987), 206 p.
10. H. V. der Auweraer, “ Structural dynamics modeling using modal analysis: Applications, trends and challenges,” Proceedings of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, 2001, pp. 1502–1509.
Article metrics loading...
In a shallow water environment, wavenumbers can be estimated by computing time and spatial Fourier transforms of horizontal array measurements. The frequency-wavenumber representation allows wide band estimation but a sufficient number of hydrophones are required for accurate wavenumber resolution. This paper presents the application of an autoregressive (AR) model to compute the high resolution wavenumber spectrum. The smallest number of required sensors for the AR model is found using a stabilization diagram. The method is validated on simulated and experimental data. The wavenumbers are accurately estimated over a wide frequency band using fewer sensors than are needed for the spatial Fourier Transform.
Full text loading...
Most read this month