No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Arrival-time fluctuations of coherent reflections from surface gravity water waves
1. L. Fortuin, “ Survey of literature on reflection and scattering of sound waves at the sea surface,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 47, 1209–1228 (1970).
3. K. L. Williams, J. S. Stroud, and P. L. Marston, “ High-frequency forward scattering from Gaussian spectrum, pressure release, corrugated surfaces. I. Catastrophe theory modeling,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 96, 1687–1702 (1994).
4. P. H. Dahl, “ On the spatial coherence and angular spreading of sound forward scattered from the sea surface: Measurements and interpretive model,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 100, 748–758 (1996).
5. M. Badiey, J. A. Simmen, and S. Forsythe, “ Frequency dependence of broadband propagation in coastal regions,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 101, 3361–3370 (1997).
6. M. Badiey, Y. Mu, J. A. Simmen, and S. E. Forsythe, “ Signal variability in shallow-water sound channels,” IEEE J. Ocean. Eng. 25(4), 492–500 (2000).
7. J. C. Preisig and G. B. Deane, “ Surface wave focusing and acoustic communications in the surf zone,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 116, 2067–2080 (2004).
8. C. T. Tindle, G. B. Deane, and J. C. Preisig, “ Reflection of underwater sound from surface waves,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 125, 66–72 (2009).
9. G. B. Deane, J. C. Preisig, C. T. Tindle, A. Lavery, and M. D. Stokes, “ Deterministic forward scatter from surface gravity waves,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, 3673–3686 (2012).
10. M. Badiey, A. Song, and K. B. Smith, “ Coherent reflection from surface gravity water waves during reciprocal acoustic transmissions,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, EL290–EL295 (2012).
11. M. B. Porter and H. P. Bucker, “ Gaussian beam tracing for computing ocean acoustic fields,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 82, 1349–1359 (1987).
12. E. A. Karjadi, M. Badiey, J. T. Kirby, and C. Bayindir, “ Effects of surface gravity waves on high-frequency propagation in shallow water,” IEEE J. Ocean. Eng. 37, 112–121 (2012).
Article metrics loading...
Arrival time fluctuations of coherent reflections from surface gravity waves are examined. A two-dimensional ray model with an evolving rough sea surface is used to explain the mechanism and formation of the deterministic striation patterns due to the surface reflection. Arrival time predictions from the ray model match qualitatively well with the measurements from bidirectional acoustic transmissions in a water depth of 100 m.
Full text loading...
Most read this month