No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Robust direction-of-arrival by matched-lags, applied to gunshots
2. J. Smith and J. Abel, “ Closed-form least-squares source location estimation from range-difference measurements,” IEEE Trans. Acoust. Speech Signal Process. 35, 1661–1669 (1987).
3. K. Varma, T. Ikuma, and A. Beex, “ Robust TDE-based DOA estimation for compact audio arrays,” in Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop Proceedings (SAM), Rosslyn, VA (2002), pp. 214–218.
4. C. Szurbela and J. Olson, “ Uncertainties associated with parameter estimation in atmospheric infrasound arrays,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 115, 253–258 (2004).
5. J. Spiesberger, “ The matched-lag filter: Detecting broadband multipath signals with auto- and cross-correlation functions,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 109, 1997–2007 (2001).
6. I. Freire and J. Apolinário, Jr., “ DOA of gunshot signals in a spatial microphone array: Performance of the interpolated generalized cross-correlation method,” in Argentine School of Micro-Nanoelectronics Technology and Applications (EAMTA), Buenos Aires, Argentina (2011), pp. 1–6.
9. I. Freire, P. Prandel, and J. Apolinário, Jr., “ Sobre a escolha de sinais em arranjos de microfones estimando DOA com GCC-PHAT” (“Choice of signals from microphone arrays, for DOA estimation with GCC-PHAT”), in Simpósio Brasileiro de Telecomunicações (SBrT), Brasília, D. F., Brazil (2012).
10. J. Allen and D. Berkley, “ Image method for efficiently simulating small-room acoustics,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 65, 943–950 (1979).
11. E. Lehmann and A. Johansson, “ Prediction of energy decay in room impulse responses simulated with an image-source model,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, 269–277 (2008).
12. J. A. Mazurek, J. E. Barger, M. Brinn, R. J. Mullen, D. Price, S. E. Ritter, and D. Schmitt, “ Boomerang mobile counter shooter detection system,” in Defense and Security (International Society for Optics and Photonics, Orlando, FL, 2005), pp. 264–282.
Article metrics loading...
This work investigates the direction-of-arrival problem. A time-delay-estimate (TDE) obtained from a peak of a correlation function is subject to two types of error: type I, approximation errors, and type II, errors due to spurious signals. The iterative least-squares algorithm tentatively selects spatially coherent subsets of TDEs containing no type II errors and minor contributions of type I errors (“matched-lags”). Simulations use a seven-microphone array and a gunshot signal. The evaluation methodology is rigorous, comparing empirical distribution functions of estimation error of algorithms through two-sample, one-sided Kolmogorov–Smirnov tests, and quantifying differences with Cohen's D. The direction-of-arrival estimate is improved, specifically at low signal-to-noise ratios.
Full text loading...
Most read this month