No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Image source detection for geoacoustic inversion by the Teager-Kaiser energy operatora)
1. S. Pinson and L. Guillon, “ Sound speed profile characterization by the image source method,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128(4), 1685–1693 (2010).
2. J. Detmer and S. Dosso, “ Trans-dimensional matched-field geoacoustic inversion with hierarchical error models and interacting Markov chains,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, 2239–2250 (2012).
3. J. Bonnel and N. R. Chapman, “ Geoacoustic inversion in a dispersive waveguide using warping operators,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 130(2), EL101–EL107 (2011).
4. S. Pinson, L. Guillon, and C. W. Holland, “ Range dependent sediment sound speed profile measurements using the image source method,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 134(1), 156–165 (2013).
5. J. F. Kaiser, “ Some useful properties of Teager's energy operators,” in Proceedings of the 1993 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Vol. 3, pp. 149–152.
6. P. Maragos, T. Quatieri, and J. F. Kaiser, “ Speech nonlinearities, modulation and energy operators,” in Proceedings of the 1991 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Vol. 1, pp. 421–424.
7. A. O. Boudraa, J. C. Cexus, and K. Abed-Meraim, “ Cross-Psi-energy operator-based signal detection,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 123(6), 4283–4289 (2008).
8. A. Savitzky and M. J. E. Golay, “ Smoothing and differentiation of data by simplified least squares procedures,” Anal. Chem. 8(36), 1627–1639 (1964).
9. C. W. Holland and J. Osler, “ High resolution geoacoustic inversion in shallow water: A joint time- and frequency-domain technique,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 107(3), 1263–1279 (2000).
Article metrics loading...
This letter presents an improvement of the imagesource method for geoacoustic inversion. The algorithm is based on the Teager-Kaiser energy operator which amplifies the discontinuities in signals while the soft transitions are reduced. This property is exploited for accurate detection of time arrivals and thus for location of the imagesources. The effectiveness of the method is shown on both synthetic and real data and the inversion results are, overall, in good agreement with ground truth and other inversion results with a significant reduction of computation time.
Full text loading...
Most read this month