No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Passive ultrasonics using sub-Nyquist sampling of high-frequency thermal-mechanical noise
3. E. Larose, O. I. Lobkis, and R. L. Weaver, “ Passive correlation imaging of a buried scatterer,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 119, 3549–3552 (2006).
4. S. Lani, S. Satir, G. Gurun, K. G. Sabra, and F. L. Degertekin, “ High frequency ultrasonic imaging using thermal mechanical noise recorded on capacitive micromachined transducer arrays,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 99, 224103 (2011).
5. G. Gurun, M. Hochman, P. Hasler, and F. Degertekin, “ Thermal-mechanical-noise-based CMUT characterization and sensing,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason., Ferroelectr. Freq. Control 59(6 ), 1267–1275 (2012).
6. A. Eftekhari, J. Romberg, and M. B. Wakin, “ A compressed sensing parameter extraction platform for radar pulse signal acquisition,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory 59(6 ), 3475–3496 (2013).
7. J. A. Tropp, J. N. Laska, M. F. Duarte, J. K. Romberg, and R. G. Baraniuk, “ Beyond Nyquist: Efficient sampling of sparse bandlimited signals,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory. 56(1 ), 520–544 (2010).
8. M. Mishali and Y. C. Eldar, “ From theory to practice: Sub-Nyquist sampling of sparse wideband analog signals,” IEEE J. Sel. Topics Signal Process. 4(2 ), 375–391 (2010).
9. J. Yoo, C. Turnes, E. B. Nakamura, C. K. Le, S. Becker, E. A. Sovero, M. B. Wakin, M. C. Grant, J. Romberg, A. Emami-Neyestanak, and E. Candes, “ A compressed sensing parameter extraction platform for radar pulse signal acquisition,” IEEE J. Emerg. Sel. Topics Circuits Syst. 2(3 ), 626–638 (2012).
10. R. L. Weaver and O. I. Lobkis, “ Fluctuations in diffuse field–field correlations and the emergence of the Green's function in open systems,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 117, 3432–3439 (2005).
11. K. G. Sabra, P. Roux, and W. A. Kuperman, “ Emergence rate of the time-domain Green's function from the ambient noise cross-correlation function,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 118, 3524–3531 (2005).
12. G. Gurun, J. Zahorian, P. Hasler, and L. Degertekin, “ Thermal mechanical noise based characterization of CMUTs using monolithically integrated low noise receiver electronics,” in 2010 IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS) (IEEE International, San Diego, CA, 2010), pp. 567–570.
13. G. Gurun, P. Hasler, and F. L. Degertekin, “ Front-end receiver electronics for highfrequency monolithic CMUT-on-CMOS imaging arrays,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason., Ferroelectr. Freq. Control 58(8 ), 1658–1668 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
Monolithic integration of capacitive micromachined ultrasonic transducer arrays with low noise complementary metal oxide semiconductor electronics minimizes interconnect parasitics thus allowing the measurement of thermal-mechanical (TM) noise. This enables passive ultrasonics based on cross-correlations of diffuse TM noise to extract coherent ultrasonic waves propagating between receivers. However, synchronous recording of high-frequency TM noise puts stringent requirements on the analog to digital converter's sampling rate. To alleviate this restriction, high-frequency TM noise cross-correlations (12–25 MHz) were estimated instead using compressed measurements of TM noise which could be digitized at a sampling frequency lower than the Nyquist frequency.
Full text loading...
Most read this month