No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Acoustic visualizations using surface mapping
1. Amatriain, X. , Kuchera-Morin, J. , Hollerer, T. , and Pope, S. T. (2009). “ The AlloSphere: immersive multimedia for scientific discovery and artistic exploration,” IEEE Multimedia 16, 64–75.
2. Farina, A. (2000). “ Simultaneous measurement of impulse response and distortion with a swept-sine technique,” in Audio Engineering Society Convention 108 (AES), paper No. 5093.
3. Kilgard, M. J. (1996). OpenGL Programming for the X Window System (Addison-Wesley, Boston, MA), pp. 1–576.
6. Monks, M. , Oh, B. M. , and Dorsey, J. (2000). “ Audioptimization: Goal-based acoustic design,” IEEE Comput. Graphics Appl. 20, 76–90.
7. O'Donovan, A. , Duraiswami, R. , and Zotkin, D. (2008). “ Imaging concert hall acoustics using visual and audio cameras,” in IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (IEEE Press, New York), pp. 5284–5287.
8. Pätynen, J. , Tervo, S. , and Lokki, T. (2013). “ Analysis of concert hall acoustics via visualizations of time-frequency and spatiotemporal responses,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 133, 842–857.
9. Pätynen, J. , Tervo, S. , Robinson, P. W. , and Lokki, T. (2014). “ Concert halls with strong lateral reflections enhance musical dynamics,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 111, 4409–4414.
10. Peled, Y. , and Rafaely, B. (2012). “ Objective performance analysis of spherical microphone arrays for speech enhancement in rooms,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, 1473–1481.
12. Rindel, J. H. , and Christensen, C. L. (2013). “ The use of colors, animations and auralizations in room acoustics,” in Proceedings of Internoise (INCE, Innsbruck, Austria), Vol. 63, pp. 1–8.
13. Robinson, P. W. , Pätynen, J. , Haapaniemi, A. , Kuusinen, A. , Leskinen, P. , Zan-Bi, M. , and Lokki, T. (2014). “ Design and outcomes of an acoustic data visualization seminar,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 135, EL41–EL46.
14. Sabine, W. C. (1922). Collected Papers on Acoustics (Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA), pp. 180–195.
15. Stettner, A. , and Greenberg, D. P. (1989). “ Computer graphics visualization for acoustic simulation,” in SIGGRAPH'89: Proceedings of the 16th Annual Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, 195-206 (ACM, New York).
16. Tervo, S. , Pätynen, J. , Kuusinen, A. , and Lokki, T. (2013). “ Spatial decomposition method for room impulse responses,” J. Audio Eng. Soc. 61, 17–28.
Article metrics loading...
Sound visualizations have been an integral part of room acoustics studies for more than a century. As acoustic measurement techniques and knowledge of hearing evolve, acousticians need more intuitive ways to represent increasingly complex data. Microphone array processing now allows accurate measurement of spatio-temporal acoustic properties. However, the multidimensional data can be a challenge to display coherently. This letter details a method of mapping visual representations of acoustic reflections from a receiver position to the surfaces from which the reflections originated. The resulting animations are presented as a spatial acoustic analysis tool.
Full text loading...
Most read this month