No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Enhanced directivity with array gratings
1. Sung -Hwan Ko and C. H. Sherman, “Effectiveness of flexural wave baffles for improving performance of hull mounted arrays,” NUSC technical memorandum No. 771062, Naval Underwater Systems Center, Newport, RI, April 11, 1977.
2. Karl F. Graff, Wave Motions in Elastic Solids (Dover Publications, New York, 1975), pp. 76–77, 116–121.
3. B. A. Cray, “ Acoustic radiation from periodic and sectionally aperiodic rib-stiffened plates,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 95(1 ), 256–264 (1994).
5. I. Stakgold, Green's Functions and Boundary Value Problems (Wiley, New York, 1979), pp. 138–140.
6. Sir M. J. Lighthill, Fourier Analysis and Generalised Functions (University Press, Cambridge, 1964), pp. 21–29.
7. R. B. Lindsay, Mechanical Radiation (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1960), pp. 124–126.
8. B. A. Cray, A. J. Hull, and A. H. Nuttall, “ Free-wave dispersion curves of a multi-supported string,” J. Vib. Acoust. 133(6 ), 061011 (2011).
9. comsol multiphysics, version 4.3b, available at www.comsol.com (Last viewed January 6, 2014).
10. J. E. Sylvia and A. J. Hull, “ A dynamic model of a reinforced thin plate with ribs of finite width,” Int. J. Acoust. Vib. 18(2 ), 86–90 (2013).
Article metrics loading...
A planewave, incident on a panel, produces an acoustic trace wavelength that propagates along the surface of the panel. The trace wavelength excites the panel into vibration, creating structural waves within the panel that propagate. These structural waves can be purposely Bragg scattered, creating replicas of the trace wavenumber. The replicas are shifted in wavenumber precisely by the inverse of the periodic separation distance . Hence, in principle, it should be possible to resolve the acoustic trace wavelength from one of the shifted replicas of the panel's response. The incident angle can then be ascertained from the replicated trace wavelengths.
Full text loading...
Most read this month