No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Estimation of voice-onset time in continuous speech using temporal measures
1. K. N. Stevens, Acoustic Phonetics (MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1998), Chaps. 1–8, pp. 1–485.
2. L. Lisker and A. Abramson, “ A cross-language study of voicing in initial stops: Acoustical measurements,” Word 20, 384–422 (1964).
3. J. Jiang, M. Chen, and A. Alwan, “ On the perception of voicing in syllable-initial plosives in noise,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 119, 1092–1105 (2006).
4. J. H. Hansen, S. S. Gray, and W. Kim, “ Automatic voice onset time detection for unvoiced stops (/p/,/t/,/k/) with application to accent classification,” Speech Commun. 52, 777–789 (2010).
7. P. Auzou, C. Ozsancak, R. J. Morris, M. Jan, F. Eustache, and D. Hannequin, “ Voice onset time in aphasia, apraxia of speech and dysarthria: A review,” Clin. Linguist. Phonet. 14, 131–150 (2000).
8. M. Sonderegger and J. Keshet, “ Automatic measurement of voice onset time using discriminative structured prediction,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, 3965–3979 (2012).
9. C.-Y. Lin and H.-C. Wang, “ Automatic estimation of voice onset time for word-initial stops by applying random forest to onset detection,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 130, 514–525 (2011).
10. T. V. Ananthapadmanabha, A. P. Prathosh, and A. G. Ramakrishnan, “ Detection of the closure-burst transitions of stops and affricates in continuous speech using the plosion index,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 135, 460–471 (2014).
11. A. L. Francis, V. Ciocca, and J. M. C. Yu, “ Accuracy and variability of acoustic measures of voicing onset,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 113, 1025–1031 (2003).
12. J. L. Flanagan, Speech Analysis Synthesis and Perception (Springer, New York, 1972).
14. B. Yegnanarayana and R. Veldhuis, “ Extraction of vocal-tract system characteristics from speech signals,” IEEE Trans. Speech Audio Proc. 6, 313–327 (1998).
15. A. P. Prathosh, T. V. Ananthapadmanabha, and A. G. Ramakrishnan, “ Epoch extraction based on integrated linear prediction residual using plosion index,” IEEE Trans. Audio, Speech, Lang. Process. 21(12 ), 2471–2480 (2013).
16. T. V. Ananthapadmanabha, “ Acoustic factors determining perceived voice quality,” Vocal Fold Physiology—Voice Quality Control, edited by O. Fujimura and M. Hirano (Singular Publishing Group, San Diego, CA, 1995), Chap. 7, pp. 113–126.
17. D. G. Childers and A. K. Krishnamurthy, “ A critical review of electroglottography,” CRC Crit. Rev. Bioeng. 12, 131–164 (1985).
18. J. S. Garofolo, L. F. Lamel, W. M. Fisher, J. G. Fiscus, D. S. Pallett, and N. L. Dahlgrena, DARPA—TIMIT, Acoustic-phonetic Continuous Speech Corpus, U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, DC (1993) (NISTIR Publication No. 4930).
19.“CMU corpora,” URL festvox.org/cmu_arctic/ (Last viewed March 20, 2014).
Article metrics loading...
This paper proposes an automatic acoustic-phonetic method for estimating voice-onset time of stops. This method requires neither transcription of the utterance nor training of a classifier. It makes use of the plosion index for the automatic detection of burst onsets of stops. Having detected the burst onset, the onset of the voicing following the burst is detected using the epochal information and a temporal measure named the maximum weighted inner product. For validation, several experiments are carried out on the entire TIMIT database and two of the CMU Arctic corpora. The performance of the proposed method compares well with three state-of-the-art techniques.
Full text loading...
Most read this month