No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Asymptotic solution for the problem of sound propagation in a sea with an underwater canyon
1. Babich, V. M. , Mokeeva, N. V. , and Samokish, B. A. (2012). “ The problem of scattering of a plane wave by a transparent wedge: a computational approach,” J. Commun. Technol. Electron. 57(9), 993–1000.
2. Buckingham, M. J. (1989). “ Theory of acoustic radiation in corners with homogeneous and mixed perfectly reflecting boundaries,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 86(6), 2273–2291.
3. Jensen, F. B. , Porter, M. B. , Kuperman, W. A. , and Schmidt, H. (2011). Computational Ocean Acoustics ( Springer, New York).
4. Katsnelson, B. , Petnikov, V. , and Lynch, J. (2012). Fundamentals of Shallow Water Acoustics ( Springer, New York).
5. Landau, L. D. , and Lifshitz, E. M. (1991). Quantum Mechanics: Non-relativistic Theory ( Pergamon Press, New York).
6. Petrov, P. S. , Trofimov, M. Yu. , and Zakharenko, A. D. (2012). “ Mode parabolic equations for the modeling of sound propagation in 3D-varying shallow water waveguides,” in Proc. Intern. Conf. “Days on Diffraction 2012,” St. Petersburg, Russia, Vol. 70, pp. 197–202.
9. Smirnov, V. I. (1964). A Course of Higher Mathematics: Complex Variables and Special Functions ( Pergamon Press, New York), Vol. 3, Part 2.
10. Sturm, F. (2005). “ Numerical study of broadband sound pulse propagation in three-dimensional oceanic waveguides,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 117(3), 1058–1079.
7. Thorsos, E. I. , Henyey, F. S. , Elam, W. T. , Hefner, B. T. , Reynolds, S. A. , and Yang, J. (2009). “ Transport theory for shallow water propagation with rough boundaries,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 125(4), 2500.
8. Trofimov, M. Yu. (1999). “ Narrow-angle parabolic equations of adiabatic single-mode propagation in horizontally inhomogeneous shallow sea,” Acoust. Phys. 45(1), 575–580.
Article metrics loading...
The problem of the sound propagation in shallow-water waveguide with a seabottom featuring canyon-type inhomogeneity of a specific form is considered. The sound pressure in such waveguide is represented in a form of modal expansion and the equations for modal coefficients are derived. In case of a single-mode adiabatic propagation, it is possible to neglect the mode interaction and omit the coupling terms in these equations. The uncoupled equation for the mode amplitude admits an explicit analytical solution via the separation of variables.
Full text loading...
Most read this month