No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Practical method for evaluating the sound field radiated from a waveguide
1. Bauman, P. D. , Adamson, A. B. , and Geddes, E. R. (1993). “ Acoustic waveguides—In practice,” J. Audio Eng. Soc. 41, 462–470.
2. Berkhout, A. J. , de Vries, D. , and Vogel, P. (1993). “ Acoustic control by wave field synthesis,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 93, 2764–2778.
3. Duan, W. , Kirby, R. , Prisutova, J. , and Horoshenkov, K. V. (2013). “ Measurement of complex acoustic intensity in an acoustic waveguide,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 134, 3674–3685.
4. Geddes, E. R. (1989). “ Acoustic waveguide theory,” J. Audio Eng. Soc. 37, 554–569.
5. Geddes, E. R. (1993). “ Acoustic waveguide theory revisited,” J. Audio Eng. Soc. 41, 452–461.
6. Le, Y. , Shen, Y. , and Xia, J. (2011). “ A diffractive study on the relation between finite baffle and loudspeaker measurement,” J. Audio Eng. Soc. 59, 944–952.
7. Verheijen, E. (2010). “ Sound reproduction by wave field synthesis,” 2nd ed., Ph.D. thesis, Delft University of Technology, Delft, Netherlands.
Article metrics loading...
This letter presents a simple and practical method for evaluating the sound field radiated from a waveguide. By using the proposed method, detailed information about the radiated sound field can be obtained by measuring the sound field in the mouth of the baffled waveguide. To examine this method's effectiveness, the radiated sound
pressure distribution in space was first evaluated by using the proposed method, and then it was measured directly for comparison. Experiments using two different waveguides showed good agreement between the evaluated and the measured
Full text loading...
Most read this month