No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Relationship between listeners' nonnative speech recognition and categorization abilities
1. Abercrombie, D. (1967). Elements of General Phonetics ( Aldine Publishing Company, Chicago).
3. Bamford, J. , and Wilson, I. (1979). “ Methodological considerations and practical aspects of the BKB sentence lists,” in Speech-hearing Tests and the Spoken Language of Hearing-impaired Children, edited by J. Bench and J. Bamford ( Academic, London), pp. 148–187.
5. Borrie, S. A. , McAuliffe, M. J. , Liss, J. M. , O'Beirne, G. A. , and Anderson, T. J. (2013). “ The role of linguistic and indexical information in improved recognition of dysarthric speech,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 133, 474–482.
6. Bradlow, A. R. , Clopper, C. G. , Smiljanic, R. , and Walter, M. A. (2010). “ A perceptual phonetic similarity space for languages: Evidence from five native language listener groups,” Speech Commun. 52, 930–942.
7. Derwing, T. M. , and Munro, M. J. (1997). “ Accent, intelligibility, and comprehensibility: Evidence from four L1s,” Stud. Sec. Lang. Acquis. 19, 1–16.
9. Krull, V. , Luo, X. , and Kirk, K. I. (2012). “ Talker-identification training using simulations of binaurally combined electric and acoustic hearing: Generalization to speech and emotion recognition,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 131, 3069–3078.
10. Loebach, J. L. , Bent, T. , and Pisoni, D. B. (2008). “ Multiple routes to the perceptual learning of speech,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, 552–561.
12. Nilsson, M. , Soli, S. D. , and Gelnett, D. J. (1996). Development of the Hearing in Noise Test for Children (HINT-C) ( House Ear Institute, Los Angeles).
14. Palmeri, T. J. , Goldinger, S. D. , and Pisoni, D. B. (1993). “ Episodic encoding of voice attributes and recognition memory for spoken words,” J. Exp. Psychol. Learn. Mem. Cogn. 19, 309–328.
15. Pierrehumbert, J. (2001). “ Exemplar dynamics: Word frequency, lenition, and contrast,” in Frequency Effects and the Emergence of Lexical Structure, edited by J. Bybee and P. Hopper ( John Benjamins, Amsterdam), pp. 137–157.
16. Pisoni, D. B. , and Levi, S. V. (2007). “ Representations and representational specificity in speech perception and spoken word recognition,” in The Oxford Handbook of Psycholinguistics, edited by G. Gaskell ( Oxford University Press, Oxford), pp. 3–18.
17. Rönnberg, J. , Lunner, T. , Zekveld, A. , Sörqvist, P. , Danielsson, H. , Lyxell, B. , Dahlström, Ö. , Signoret, C. , Stenfelt, S. , and Pichora-Fuller, M. K. (2013). “ The ease of language understanding (ELU) model: Theoretical, empirical, and clinical advances,” Front. Syst. Neurosci. 7, 31.