No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Microbubble dynamics monitoring using a dual modulation method
1. Ainslie, M. A. , and Leighton, T. G. (2011). “ Review of scattering and extinction cross-sections, damping factors, and resonance frequencies of a spherical gas bubble,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 130(5), 3184–3208.
2. Chapelon, J. Y. , Shankar, P. M. , and Newhouse, V. L. (1985). “ Ultrasonic measurement of bubble cloud size profiles,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 78(1), 196–201.
3. Church, C. (1988). “ Prediction of rectified diffusion during nonlinear bubble pulsations at biomedical frequencies,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 83, 2210–2222.
4. Eftedal, O. S. (2007). “ Ultrasonic detection of decompression induced vascular microbubbles,” Ph.D. thesis, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
5. Fouan, D. , Achaoui, Y. , and Mensah, S. (2014). “ Improvement of micro-bubble sizing using multi-harmonic excitations under the transducer bandwidth constraint,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 114102.
6. Frinking, P. J. A. , Bouakaz, A. , Kirkhorn, J. , Ten Cate, F. J. , and de Jong, N. (2000). “ Ultrasound contrast imaging: Current and new potential methods,” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 26(6), 965–975.
7. Fyrillas, M. (2006). “ Dissolution or growth of soluble spherical oscillating bubbles,” Ph.D. thesis, University of California, Irvine, CA.
8. Newhouse, V. L. , and Shankar, P. M. (1984). “ Bubble size measurements using the nonlinear mixing of two frequencies,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 75(5), 1473–1477.
9. Overvelde, M. , Garbin, V. , Sijl, J. , Dollet, B. , de Jong, N. , Lohse, D. , and Versluis, M. (2010). “ Nonlinear shell behavior of phospholipid-coated microbubbles,” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 36(12), 2080–2092.
10. Renaud, G. , Bosch, J. G. , Van der Steen, A. F. W. , and de Jong, N. (2012a). “ An ‘acoustical camera’ for in vitrocharacterization of contrast agent microbubble vibrations,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 100(10), 101911.
11. Renaud, G. , Bosch, J. G. , Van der Steen, A. F. W. , and de Jong, N. (2012b). “ Chirp resonance spectroscopy of single lipidcoated microbubbles using an ‘acoustical camera’,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132(6), EL470–EL475.
12. Renaud, G. , Bosch, J. G. , Van der Steen, A. F. W. , and de Jong, N. (2014). “ Low-amplitude non-linear volume vibrations of single microbubbles measured with an ‘acoustical camera,’ ” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 40(6), 1282–1295.
Article metrics loading...
An experimental method for characterizing microbubbles' oscillations is presented. With a Dual Frequency ultrasound excitation method, both relative and absolute microbubble size variations can be measured. Using the same experimental setup, a simple signal processing step applied to both the amplitude and the frequency modulations yields a two-fold picture of microbubbles' dynamics. In addition, assuming the occurrence of small radial oscillations, the equilibrium radius of the microbubbles can be accurately estimated.
Full text loading...
Most read this month